CRK's fixed blade: hard use knives?

김원진;10002248 said:
i'm still curious as to get an answer from ishiyumisan

That's the problem with trolls, they are never forth coming with anything usefull........

김원진;10002248 said:
Haze- do you have a pacific or green berret? If so, or any others, i've been wanting to pick one up, but are there any other differences besides the double serrations and glass breaker on the pacific. i feel like the pacific is just a medium green beret with those 2 modifications. Would anyone lean more towards one or the other for camping/outdoor usage?

I really want one, but get a little torn between which >.<

I actually have both, I too am rather torn between them as to which I like more. I seem to go trough stages of liking one more than the other. The bottom line is that they will both do the job. Blade style on those two knives doesn't make enough difference to be a large factor during use IMO, but one may prefer a spear point over a clip for a number of reasons.
As I'm sure most people here are sick of hearing I rate the A2 One Piece Knives over the S30V knives. Those are the knives I use and carry today and have for a while too. I only have mint examples of the Pacifc and GB for collection purposes now. :):thumbup:

does "fanboy" be Equal to insulting words like idiot or stupid ?
i am not put this fanboy on every one , man, you get min-understanding , do you intend doing this to spur hatred on me ?
if my words on you and hurt you , haze , i say sorry to ya.
be man, be cool.

i am not a Customer, but some of my friends have /had CRKs.
one of them , throwing the knife against the brick wall and tree trunk , he thought the tough use combat knife can stand the force , but , you know it , the wall and the trunk win !
attachment.php

attachment.php

another guy who have a sebenza , and told me that the edge is on the soft side , in considering the price was paid , he Regretted buying it .

dingy

Last edited:
Well, throwing a knife at a wall and trees is not what knives are for and one should expect damage from that. If the knife pictured is that knife you speak of then losing the point and some chips along the edge doesn't seem too bad to me.
I have used CRK knives for the intended purposes for a while, I have chopped, batoned, carved, dug, scraped, started fires, trained and even made sandwiches with knives like the Mtnr I with out a single problem. As for the Sebenza the standard retort is always that "the blade is too soft". I have never had a single issue with edge retention on any CRK folder to date. I would have to challenge any one that thinks they can tell the difference in a point or two on the RC scale in a pocket knife blade any way...as I say it's just the standard retort that gets thrown out every time and is rather boring to hear once again.

Any hoo, Dingy. With the more open travel to Taiwan these days maybe you can make it over to the Taipei blade show in December ? We can play with some of my CRK knives for a while and see what you think. I even have a few Busse knives too. :p

You must be kidding? :thumbdn: :barf: :jerk it:

man, tons of thanks to ya, but i think there is no need to clearfied some thing i said above .
initially i just wanta ask some old stories about the breakage of GB, but i unintenally eat the balls of the fanboys , you know it . then there comes out some insult words toward me , like dingbat, idiot , stupid .
no matter what those guys insulted me before , i give them a Forgiveness.

you , all of fanboys , please show me the evidence of CRKs are though , no more offensive words , please.

ps: i willingly say sorry , if i hurt your inner feelings by ruined your "tough hero ". and i can leave .

dingy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to wonder about all the arguing, debating, or whatever you want to call it. If you don't like CRK don't buy one. It's that simple. Period. I own4 of them, 3 fixed, 1 folder. 3 different kinds of steel. Not a problem with any. Have been using knives for almost 47 years. Have never broken one. Guess I don't know how to use a knife yet.:rolleyes:

That's the problem with trolls, they are never forth coming with anything usefull........

Man, seriously you're a champion.

&#44608;&#50896;&#51652;;10002248 said:
i'm still curious as to get an answer from ishiyumisan

Haze- do you have a pacific or green berret? If so, or any others, i've been wanting to pick one up, but are there any other differences besides the double serrations and glass breaker on the pacific. i feel like the pacific is just a medium green beret with those 2 modifications. Would anyone lean more towards one or the other for camping/outdoor usage?

I really want one, but get a little torn between which >.<

I don't own any green berret & I'm Not to planning to buy one soon neither.
People can dismissed what Noss & Cliff will do or say in various questionable manner... for me that its okay, but............
Peaple can't dismiss CRKs knife have huge issue with HT of S30V ...,
and noone can say or call lying all the reports of chipping and damage & breakage on S30V before Cliff & Noss era....
Are all of those people lying,faking,fabricating stories there are dozens of reports in here & out there.
The GB as knife looks cool but the steel ain't any good.
Please, please go ahead buy one.

Steel isn't any good, hmmm well if you say so. On the other hand i've used my green beret quite abit and it holds a good edge, hasn't chipped. Of course I didn't throw it at a brick wall. Since I generally don't throw my knives at a brick wall, thats just stupid. Sorry but it really is. You can throw any knife you like at a brick wall and your going to have damage.

cricket

Back