CRKT CEO pocket clip logo must go

Ordered the Blade HQ Exclusive CRKT CEO and love everything about it, BUT the "CRKT" logo on that "smokewashed" pocket clip since it does not fit my low profile style. Anyone own or have thoughts on how to git rid of the high visibility logo? Mahalo

If you want to go "low profile" remove the clip and carry the knife in your pocket. Ask any cop - if they see any type of a clip on your pocket they're going to assume it is a knife. And over the years I have seen lots of people lose knives, tools and keys that were "clipped" on their pocket. Clips are about convenience - not about security.

If you want to go "low profile" remove the clip and carry the knife in your pocket. Ask any cop - if they see any type of a clip on your pocket they're going to assume it is a knife. And over the years I have seen lots of people lose knives, tools and keys that were "clipped" on their pocket. Clips are about convenience - not about security.

Thanks for the comment. I do carry in the pocket with a leather sheath without the clip exposed in an office and other environments but I prefer to use a clip whenever possible. I come from a family of police officers (brother, uncles), so yeah. I also prefer not to remove clips for a number of reasons, including deployment ability and to have a low profile (read as deep pocket carry when I choose to use a clip). Security aside, if I am your average person, on initial visibility which one of these in the pocket would give you pause. "
" skip to 7m 47sec into the video to see exactly this subject and clearly my opinion for what it's worth. Tried not to insert that video to avoid spam and all but I'm clearly challenged on inserting a link with it being embedded.

Last edited:
Ordered the Blade HQ Exclusive CRKT CEO and love everything about it, BUT the "CRKT" logo on that "smokewashed" pocket clip since it does not fit my low profile style. Anyone own or have thoughts on how to git rid of the high visibility logo? Mahalo
Some fine grit sandpaper should do the trick.
Take it up to 1000 grit maybe to keep the shine or do a heat "anodize" to darken it up after sanding.
And I'm with you, I need a clipped knife, period.
All of my unclipped knives just get used at home...which is a lot, probably used more than what I carry most days.

I literally just made an account to say I agree completely with the OP. I just got mine as well and love it at the office, but a more subtle pen-like pocketclip would be better. I found this thread from looking to see if there were any aftermarket options to change it to.

I literally just made an account to say I agree completely with the OP. I just got mine as well and love it at the office, but a more subtle pen-like pocketclip would be better. I found this thread from looking to see if there were any aftermarket options to change it to.

Planned on trying the sandpaper recommendation today but somehow the wife or PO Box misplaced my CEO . Going back tomorrow to hopefully pick it upI'll let you know how it goes.

Meant to reply. I know you were looking for solve as well. btw, I asked my oldest daughter what is this in my pocket. She said "a pen" Bam! So here it is. Let me know what you all think: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-f3jwiFBf4/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Back