CRKT Veile Wasp Limited Edition with different blade markings

I'm hoping you can answer a question for me about the CRKT Viele Wasp 2002 Limited Edition. I have one that is marked "Limited Edition A/P" on the blade. I have seen another one that is marked "1 of 500" instead.
I am curios what the "A/P" stands for and why there were two different marks for one limited edition.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some photos for reference.
Viele5.jpg

CR0001.jpg

image.php

Thanks, Will

Only thing I can think is its a Pre-Production or Prototype... Maybe email CRKT and ask them

IIRC these knives were assembled and hand finished by Klotzli of Switzerland. There's more to the story, but I don't recall it.

This is from CRKT:
The A/P on the knife stands for “Artist Proof” we made less than 100 of them and they came out before the “1 of 500” version.

Sounds like I got a rare one.

Is there anything else different about yours than the other ones?
They are all collector's knives so I think pretty much they aren't easy to come by either way.

Besides the different mark on the blade, it's the same. They are both rare. Took me a few years to get one. Math tells me this one is five times more rare than the "1 in 500" model. Not that it matters, I'm not planning to sell it anytime soon :)

This is from CRKT:
The A/P on the knife stands for “Artist Proof” we made less than 100 of them and they came out before the “1 of 500” version.

Sounds like I got a rare one.
Awesome!

Back