Cruwear PM2

Love my cruwear pm2 it's a perfect specimen. I've had several in different flavors and this one tops them all in fit and finish. With that being said they were all great but this one is pretty close to perfect in all areas
f62c520734d5e439521ff4383c2fde69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Would tuffglide be ok to use even on the blade? I just got this and want to avoid rust and patina as much as possible!

Would tuffglide be ok to use even on the blade? I just got this and want to avoid rust and patina as much as possible!
As long as you don't use it for food preparation. Otherwise I would use frog lube or similar on the blade . Flitz works great on the blade also to protect and Polish it .

Here's mine after putting some Flitz Polish on it . It looked Good before but now it's a little more shiny and has a little more depth and it's protected although I don't have a problem with a nice natural Patina. Polishing is fun though lol
ff641202d3e65eed7234de06da1e9fca.jpg

I like mine but im sad that it has developed a patina already, even though I have had it oiled with frog lube since new.

No offense meant to anybody here, but if you use a knife with carbon steel on food, then you should expect a patina to form. Moreover, unless you only cut cheesecake with it, it is highly probable that it will develop minor handling marks and scratches with any minimal use. Even if you never use it to cut anything, simply carrying it may impart minor handling marks that make it look different from when it was brand new. These are the risks we all take when we bring a knife out of its box.

I like mine but im sad that it has developed a patina already, even though I have had it oiled with frog lube since new.

Just Polish it with some Flitz and the Patina will be gone .Depending how and how much you use your knife you'll probably Only need to do it a few times a month.

I have been using mine for weeks now. I have applied froglube twice by heating the blade a little bit then applying fl and no problems. I live in Florida too.

Just Polish it with some Flitz and the Patina will be gone .Depending how and how much you use your knife you'll probably Only need to do it a few times a month.

I have been using mine for weeks now. I have applied froglube twice by heating the blade a little bit then applying fl and no problems. I live in Florida too.

Frog lube works great on blades and food friendly 👍

That's interesting. I've found Cruwear to be one of the most corrosion resistant non-stainless steels. What have you been cutting?

That's interesting. I've found Cruwear to be one of the most corrosion resistant non-stainless steels. What have you been cutting?

I've been pleasantly surprised with how corrosion resistant Cruwear has been. I was expecting something closer to other carbon steels I've used over the years. I also found that cleaning them even cursorily after use and thoroughly drying makes a big difference.

Picture because all threads are better with pictures. :D

A picture says a 1000 words 😆
No Patina here and it's used everyday with just a wipe down with some Flitz once in a while .
cee8b6f8dd0a2dd322210658be2d8053.jpg

frog lube doesn't work well for corrosion protection at all for storage. fails miserably long term. wax beats it easily. it's also not a great lubricant either in firearms for those who shoot more than a few hundred at a time. too each their own.

frog lube doesn't work well for corrosion protection at all for storage. fails miserably long term. wax beats it easily. it's also not a great lubricant either in firearms for those who shoot more than a few hundred at a time. too each their own.
I've used froglube off and on over the years with no issues. I don't use it on my Ar15 though. I Also use frog lube on some of my guns stored in my safe with no issues.

Mine has shown very good corrosion resistance in the tropics. I've cut plenty of food and even cleaned a few fish and no patina at all. That said, it did show some minor pitting from sweat when carrying IWB. Interestingly it didn't stain or patina, but it did show some pitting.

Back