CS knives you want upsized/downsized/modified

See, now you’ve done got my hopes up! Nah, never happen. :(

I just don’t like, or to a lesser degree trust, liner locks.

Bring back the hollow grinds. I love Cold Steel, they're the only knives I even still care for in the $100 price range, but I just won't buy the new flat ground ones. My enjoyment came from the Tri-Ad mixed with the super thin hollow grinds. As it stands I have to scour the classifieds to find the good AUS-8 and XHP models. Even then I prefer the AUS-8 because that XHP was some of the chippiest steel I've ever encountered. I bet the S35VN would perform great hollow ground if the CRK track record with it is anything to go by.
I agree. Bring back the hollow grinds. They were thinner behind the edge and stayed thinner with sharpening. I can see it on some fixed-blade knives used for chopping, but not folders.

Pocket Bushman with a GFN handle and triad lock.

For me the Pocket Bushman blade is simple and just about perfect for most of my needs but the handle is heavy and the lock is impractical.

I am fine with the 4116. My prolite does everything I want it to do.

The GRN keeps the weight down and is tough and comfortable.

It would be a great all around user at a price point where I could have a few of them around.

Pocket Bushman with a GFN handle and triad lock.

For me the Pocket Bushman blade is simple and just about perfect for most of my needs but the handle is heavy and the lock is impractical.

I am fine with the 4116. My prolite does everything I want it to do.

The GRN keeps the weight down and is tough and comfortable.

It would be a great all around user at a price point where I could have a few of them around.

Yikes...don't think that would be a Pocket Bushman anymore:D

The Frenzy handle is pretty damn slim. I imagine it could be done. And yes, it would be an instant favorite. Cold Steel get Andew Demko on this important assignment ASAP!

I wish a number of CS models would get the "Frenzy treatment." It's such a perfect handle!

The Ti-Lite would indeed be amazing. Any of the Voyagers, too -- but especially the XL versions. Heck, the Recon 1 and AK-47 would both be fantastic carries with smooth G10.

Bring back the hollow grinds. I love Cold Steel, they're the only knives I even still care for in the $100 price range, but I just won't buy the new flat ground ones. My enjoyment came from the Tri-Ad mixed with the super thin hollow grinds. As it stands I have to scour the classifieds to find the good AUS-8 and XHP models. Even then I prefer the AUS-8 because that XHP was some of the chippiest steel I've ever encountered. I bet the S35VN would perform great hollow ground if the CRK track record with it is anything to go by.

Have you ever tried one of the flat grinds? With the wide blades, the grind of the Recon 1, Ultimate Hunter, and Voyager is still very thin. All three of those knives slice very well for me.

Yeah there’s really not much difference. I love flat grind, and am glad they moved to flat grind.

Have you ever tried one of the flat grinds? With the wide blades, the grind of the Recon 1, Ultimate Hunter, and Voyager is still very thin. All three of those knives slice very well for me.
I'm guessing you don't own any knife with a decently thin edge. If you think those knives slice well wait until you try a normal knife. For example, Tufflites are still hollow ground and about 0.025" behind the edge. That's why they kick butt.
Also, wait until you have to sharpen an S35VN knife that's 0.040", like a drop point Recon 1. Good luck trying to reduce that 25 dps factory edge to something reasonable. The amount of steel you have to remove will wear out your arm. Without diamond plates, forget it. Even if you keep the angle you're talking twice the (abrasion resistant) steel of an 0.020" edge.

Yeah there’s really not much difference. I love flat grind, and am glad they moved to flat grind.
This is good. Now I understand why Cold Steel has been dumbing down their knives and ruining classic models with fat edges and flat grinds. It's because the consumers don't know any better or care. No wonder we lost Talwars and Holdouts.

This is good. Now I understand why Cold Steel has been dumbing down their knives and ruining classic models with fat edges and flat grinds. It's because the consumers don't know any better or care. No wonder we lost Talwars and Holdouts.
Cool. Enjoy your skinny 0.013258” edge. Spend less time measuring your knife and more time using it. You might actually enjoy some of them.
The consumer don’t care because they got more practical concerns.
Glad to see some fixed blade and BTE knife police patrolling the forums.

1. A series of SRK knives of varying lengths similar to what BRK does with the Bravo and what Ka-Bar does with the Becker series.

2. Master hunter, AD-10, and 4max knives made with 3V or M4.

3. Add texturing to the Code 4 scales so it isn’t as slippery.

Alright alright, everyone calm down. Some of your wishes are being granted for 2021. :) Also, yes I do keep track of what people want and report on it, hence the return of the Mini Recon next year. There will also be a number of satin/stonewashed blades that we're working on.

Back