CT fixed question

I've seen the law on CT knives but still have a question that gets answered differently every time.
I would love to etc a ka bar hell fire 3.5 inch blade and single edged. I thought I was in the clear but some say I am and some say its just too close to a tactical/dirk/dagger knife....
Any help would be appreciated....I really like this one and have done some tactical training with it (definitely want it)

thanks in advance
mark

I've seen the law on CT knives but still have a question that gets answered differently every time.
I would love to etc a ka bar hell fire 3.5 inch blade and single edged. I thought I was in the clear but some say I am and some say its just too close to a tactical/dirk/dagger knife....
Any help would be appreciated....I really like this one and have done some tactical training with it (definitely want it)

thanks in advance
mark
In the state of florida you can carry any type size blade, open carry including a sword. You can carry a Shiv. Conceal carry is under 4 inches for switchblades

thanks in advance
mark
Here’s what I could find on Connecticut’s laws from Knife Up. https://knifeup.com/connecticut-knife-law/

ALL KNIVES ARE LEGAL TO OWN:​

• Balisongs, automatic knives, gravity knives, and switchblades are legal to own.
  • Dirks, stilettos, daggers, and push knives are legal to own.
  • Disguised knives like lipstick knives, cane knives, and boot knives are legal to own.
  • Bowie knives and other large knives are legal to own.
  • Basically, any knife is legal to own and have in your home.

SOME KNIVES CAN NOT BE CARRIED (OPEN OR CONCEALED):​

• Automatic knives over 1.5 inches are illegal.
  • Switchblades over 1.5 inches are illegal.
  • Stilettos are illegal.
  • Blades longer than 4 inches are illegal.

DETAILS ON CARRYING KNIVES IN CONNECTICUT​

Sec. 53-206. Carrying of dangerous weapons prohibited.
(a) Any person who carries upon his or her person[…]�any switch knife, or any knife having an automatic spring release device by which a blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches in length, or stiletto, or any knife the edged portion of the blade of which is four inches or more in length[…] or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than three years or both.
c. 29-38. Weapons in vehicles. Penalty. Exceptions.
(a) Any person who knowingly has, in any vehicle owned, operated or occupied by such person, any weapon […] shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than five years or both, and the presence of any such weapon […] in any vehicle shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section by the owner, operator and each occupant thereof. The word “weapon”, as used in this section, means any […] dirk knife or switch knife, any knife having an automatic spring release device by which a blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches in length, any stiletto, any knife the edged portion of the blade of which is four inches or more in length, […] or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument.

You're fine. Its single edged too so no problem there.

Rule of thumb, if you see it on Amazon or Ebay or something, the it's usually pretty safe to carry (as long as within carry limit).

I'm from CT and I carry a 200 puukko on me sometimes. I also carry a Waterway with me when I go fishing, which is longer than 4in but I get that special pass since it's for fishing/hunting. Honestly that knife looks pretty harmless, I carry a little karambit with me (fox blackbird) anytime I go fruit picking...it carves and harvests fruit so easy and has such a utilitarian shape; that I get a few looks sometime until they realize what I was doing with it.

Good luck!

This thread makes me happy.

Back