• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

CTS-204P San-Mai Western Nakiri

OccamsBlade

Jim Dobbler
Hi folks, today I'm offering a San-Mai (K-Tip) Western Nakiri. The blade was made from, as far as I know, the first of its kind CTS-204P San-Mai. Dion Damascus wanted to see if they could bond a CTS-204P core to 1095/420HC cladding using their solid phase bonding technology. Seems it worked quite well. 100 alternating layers on either side of the core. Professionally heat treated.

The handle is made of Amboyna, a 200 layer ferrule with copper spacers, and pin.

The Gyuto and paring knife are not included, those already sold. You'll just be buying the Nakiri.

Overall length is 13". Blade length is 8". Blade thickness is 1/8" just beyond the ferrule, and distal tapered.

Weighs 6.3 ounces. 59-60 HRC

Asking $650 + shipping.

Thanks for looking!

dCzxaJS.jpg

tq6PYSi.jpg

CdWHHWu.jpg

jDHtx15.jpg

zah4mFN.jpg

hHNlalo.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, the cladding is carbon/stainless and the core is 204P? That's just wild... how even?

Beautiful pieces.

are you making any more similar knives? I don't know how come I missed these. WOW.

Well, sort of a long and twisted story, haha. But the Nakiri is the only one still for sale. Or I guess you could call it a Bunka. The Gyuto and paring were sold before posting here.

I also take custom orders if you're interested in something similar to this set.

Ahem. I ordered the Gyuto & Petty (raises hand) ;) They are the absolute crown jewel of my rotation/collection (they're users, not safe queens). They are as comfortable to hold as they are beautiful, these are literally the most comfortable handles I've ever come across, on any knife. The food release was amazing at first, but with subsequent uses/washes it's diminished some, as i think some of the oils were still present at first (I haven't re-oiled the blade, just dried...I'm kind of trying to rush a patina, lol). It's still decent though, & if I actually oiled the blade after use like I'm supposed to, it would probably be better. Everything on these knives is top notch, I love everything about them. I am going to have to polish the spine, choil, & bolster a bit, but that's more of a matter of preference on my part. I can't say enough about how awesome these blades are, I wish I could have afforded the "Nakiritsuke" as well, but I stretched my budget already with the gyuto & petty. Anyway, these are my favorite knives, thanks so much Jim for being so easy to work with throughout the whole process!

Hey Alex! Thanks for the kind words:) Was a pleasure working with you as well my friend, and hope to again at some point. But no Tapout logos. And my bad for not mentioning the mineral oil I slather on my knives when I ship, haha.

Just wanna throw this out there. I have made a couple knives with S-Grinds, and those repel food like nothing else. I plan on incorporating a hammered finish option as well at some point.

Back