Cudeman Knives

I know that Cudeman Knives are not in much demand but they have sparked my interest. While not being the brand I typically search for, I found their 333L in Olive wood was a little different and looked to be a handy blade to have. I ordered one yesterday and should have it late next week, maybe I can muster up a reasonable review. Anyone with experience with this company? Not a whole lot of info on the net...

Cudeman has been making knives for a long time, and it is one of the big cutlery companies from Spain, along with Muela, Aitor and Nieto. Their knives are very well made at very reasonable prices, I'm sure you will be satisfied with your purchase. I have plenty of their blades, from bowies to folder, with no complaints whatsoever. My only gripe with Spanish cutlery in general is the limited diversity of steels offered and a seeming reluctance to produce "tactical" pocket knives, i.e. folders with pocket clips and one-handed opening/closing action. Wish they were more proactive in that area.

I've seen a few of their knives that look interesting. Did you get yours from a US distributor or directly from them?

The 333L finally came in and got some pocket time. It really handles well and does everything that is expected of it. I really like the olive wood scales too! I'm impressed with how sharp the blade is and the edge it holds. The only thing that I would change about my knife is the scale pattern selection, one side is beautifully figured with what you'd expect of olive wood and the other side is so plain it almost doesn't look like olive. I'll definitely consider another Cudeman in the near future.

What is the best way to clean and seal the olive wood scales? They appear to not be sealed and look dingy from everyday use.

Have two Cudemanblades. The 291 and a folder 325. Planning on buying the big folder 328 aswell soon.

I love them both. Generally cudeman are not very well known here in Sweden. Everybody has Mora. Which are good cheap knives but I just dont like how they look. Boring.
Stumbled over Cudeman a while ago and it was instant love. The design is beautiful. The handles feel custommade just for you. Good ergonomics.

The 291 (upper) is a fantastic knife. Littlebrother to the more known 299. But its still a very good knife. A real workhorse that seems indestructible. I've used it heavy the month I have it and not a scratch on it. Heavy, good knife that you can go thru war with. Just look at the fantstic blade and handle.

The 325 (lower) is a real good companion. Wellbuilt. Sharp. Sturdy. Nice to look at.
IliJ9Q5.jpg

Btw I oiled the handle on the 325 results were good. I used olive oil which I used with good result on another wooden handle. Olive oil is underestimated :)

Cudeman has been making knives for a long time, and it is one of the big cutlery companies from Spain, along with Muela, Aitor and Nieto. Their knives are very well made at very reasonable prices, I'm sure you will be satisfied with your purchase. I have plenty of their blades, from bowies to folder, with no complaints whatsoever. My only gripe with Spanish cutlery in general is the limited diversity of steels offered and a seeming reluctance to produce "tactical" pocket knives, i.e. folders with pocket clips and one-handed opening/closing action. Wish they were more proactive in that area.

I completely agree. They're my country's biggest and most interesting brands, our true classics, yet they keep getting of the wagon of contemporary knives, "tactical" models and folders with more technological and modern stuff.
The only ones are Nieto with their more "military" oriented stuff and the newer Aitor folders (ATK series) which are sadly manufactured in China, using cheap G10 and Cr series of steel, retailing at $40-50 here in Spain and with serious competitors much better priced and with way more value/$ all around.

ah cudeman
all i can think is
such wasted potential
on a particular model of interest.
had they only shorten that guard!
Cudeman

understand its an update of
an old classic
it all reminds me of this ancient
carl schlieper bolo ...

Last edited:
I have a couple Cudeman knives (MT-5 Survival Knife and the beastly 125MC Kit Survival Knife). They both use Bohler N-695 and remind me a lot of some Joker knife models, but they tend to be a bit more expensive than Joker knives. I also gifted a Cudeman Marinera, with a parrot blade, as to a family member who really liked it. There are a number of Spanish and Latin American knife companies that deserve a closer look.

Back