Cult of the peanut , members

Carl,

Your logic about carry items is very persuasive, indeed! One never knows what challenges one can face in the "wilds" of Mission Viejo. :D

Since I got it, my Case peanut has been in my pocket, regardless of any other knives I've carried. Most of the time it's the only knife in my pocket.

And I carry a AAA pen light, as well.

Like Alex, I'm thinking of heading to the local Sears store (where long ago I worked in the hardware department as a college student) to get a 4-way tool. (I've used a friend's P-38 a but never owned one of those, either.) I prefer not to hang tools and such on my keychains, though. Do you know if the 4-way (or P-38) can be kept in a wallet instead of on a keychain?

Cheers,
Jeff

Carl,

Your logic about carry items is very persuasive, indeed! One never knows what challenges one can face in the "wilds" of Mission Viejo. :D

Since I got it, my Case peanut has been in my pocket, regardless of any other knives I've carried. Most of the time it's the only knife in my pocket.

And I carry a AAA pen light, as well.

Like Alex, I'm thinking of heading to the local Sears store (where long ago I worked in the hardware department as a college student) to get a 4-way tool. (I've used a friend's P-38 a but never owned one of those, either.) I prefer not to hang tools and such on my keychains, though. Do you know if the 4-way (or P-38) can be kept in a wallet instead of on a keychain?

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff, I don't really like a crowded keyring, so the P-38 and 4-wy are carried in the zipper compartment of my Eagle Creek wallet along with a few odds and ends. A paper clip or two, a safety pin for splinters or other emergencies. A cut down Eze-Lap model L diamond hone. The only things on my keyring aside from house and truck keys are, my Vic classic in a leather pouch sheath, and my Fenix E01 on a quick release clip. And of course my beloved little Remington/Camillus peanut is in my right front pocket with the bandana!

Last edited:
Carl, you have convinced me to get a P-38 and Sears 4-way. They're on their way to me now. [emoji4] I always have a Rambler on my keychain and a Recruit in my pocket (plus a back up SAK in my car). But I can never be too sure about my preparedness, so I feel good in purchasing the P-38 and Sears 4-way. All of this paired with one of my peanuts is really all I need. I just choose to also carry a canoe or stockman. [emoji1]

Alex

And don't forget the bandana/handkerchief! :thumbup: I started carrying a handkerchief in my back pocket about a year ago, and was impressed by how useful it is to always have a clean piece of cloth with me.

And don't forget the bandana/handkerchief! :thumbup: I started carrying a handkerchief in my back pocket about a year ago, and was impressed by how useful it is to always have a clean piece of cloth with me.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Five out of five thumb ups for that! In fact, carry two, a spare doesn't weight much, and you have one spare in case f a "soiled" primary carry. Or disposable situation.

Ha! Yes, I've been carrying a bandana in my back pocket for a while now. I also have a Fenix E05 light, a whistle, and a Gerber Shard on my keyring. Plus a lighter in my pocket. Oh, and a Parker Jotter pen with a Field Notes notebook in my cargo pants pocket. I think I'm all set. But the peanut, flashlight, and SAK are the most important to me. [emoji4]

Alex

I thought I would add a photo of another brown delrin peanut. Fog made duck hunting tough today so I drank coffee and fondled a great knife.

Ha! Yes, I've been carrying a bandana in my back pocket for a while now. I also have a Fenix E05 light, a whistle, and a Gerber Shard on my keyring. Plus a lighter in my pocket. Oh, and a Parker Jotter pen with a Field Notes notebook in my cargo pants pocket. I think I'm all set. But the peanut, flashlight, and SAK are the most important to me. [emoji4]

Alex
Sounds like you bought the full official Internet-approved EDC starter kit, even down to the brand names. :D

Sounds like you bought the full official Internet-approved EDC starter kit, even down to the brand names. :D

Ha! I did! [emoji5] The peanut is the most useful item in my edc, hands down. However, now that I'm in my mid 40s, the flashlight has proven to be quite helpful on several occasions! My eyes are no longer what they used to be!

Alex

While at my daughter's birthday party today my father needed a knife. I gave him my peanut that I've carried every day since I got it, to use. He usually has his peanut on him and he said he must have left in his uniform pants. He told me that my grandfather used to bring home pocket knives all the time from people leaving them in their turned in to be washed uniforms. I guess I'm going to have to get him another yeller handle peanut now.

Tyler

Case brown delrin peanut enjoying the fire between two Case medium stockmans (63087 and 6344), also in brown delrin. I'm really liking the brown delrin and the as ground blades a lot!

Alex

I'm a little late in replying but i wanted to say what a nice trio you have in hand. A few months ago i picked up a brown delrin trapper with as ground blades for cheap and it has really grown on me. Now i am looking for another one just a little smaller, choosing which one will be the tough part.

Jim

I'm a little late in replying but i wanted to say what a nice trio you have in hand. A few months ago i picked up a brown delrin trapper with as ground blades for cheap and it has really grown on me. Now i am looking for another one just a little smaller, choosing which one will be the tough part.

Jim
I sure enjoy my little brown peanut. Great edc knife. Don't let the small size fool you. It does as much as larger knives and a lot of times better.

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago I told the story of a peanut I purchased to replace my father's broken knife that he had carried throughout my childhood and early adulthood. After hearing him tell me how happy he was to have his little knife back I started to wonder if I--despite my love of Victorinox SAKs and larger single spear blades--could find a place for a peanut in my life. So during a recent visit to my local hardware emporium I picked up a plain-Jane yellow CV.

I gotta say...it's as handy on a pocket on a shirt. I'll not eschew my much-beloved SAKs, but I won't begrudge this little gem the tiny bit of pocket space it requires. I love it.

506208BC-796C-49BE-90F9-1C30402B077A_zpsgxz8d9n6.jpg

A few weeks ago I told the story of a peanut I purchased to replace my father's broken knife that he had carried throughout my childhood and early adulthood. After hearing him tell me how happy he was to have his little knife back I started to wonder if I--despite my love of Victorinox SAKs and larger single spear blades--could find a place for a peanut in my life. So during a recent visit to my local hardware emporium I picked up a plain-Jane yellow CV.

I gotta say...it's as handy on a pocket on a shirt. I'll not eschew my much-beloved SAKs, but I won't begrudge this little gem the tiny bit of pocket space it requires. I love it.

506208BC-796C-49BE-90F9-1C30402B077A_zpsgxz8d9n6.jpg

You all know that I have one just like it. It doesn't get any more convenient that the Peanut.

I will be gifting an RR Orange Bone Peanut to a boy on his 8th birthday. Peanuts are forever.

Life is good.

I had to travel all week with no pocket knife. After having my peanut every day for weeks, it bothered me to be knife-less. Glad to be back home.

I'm glad to see yours is getting carried rishma!
Mine has seen daily carry for the past three months, and the bone is starting to mellow out.
R3Ijuv0.jpg

Back