Cult of the peanut , members

E5ED5016-0A24-42E0-AB1B-BAAB4E1E76E5_zpshfobm8sk.jpg

My latest improvement on my "maximum minimalism" kit.

The humble LCP seems to compliment the Peanut rather well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
[/URL][/IMG]

My latest improvement on my "maximum minimalism" kit.

The humble LCP seems to compliment the Peanut rather well, in my opinion.

Good kit! :thumbup:

In the quest for maximum minimalism, I sometimes get a bit carried away. My firearm of choice for peanut duty is my little North American Arms mini .22. Small, but like the little legume, it can bite! :D

Last edited:
Why a Peanut? As has been said a hundred times here, because it is there when you need a sharp blade and unnoticed when you don't. I love this little thing. Most days I have another knife or multitool with me too, but the Peanut gets used most often.
e5bc1b27a4ccbdd993df017a07162498.jpg

suffering from Blade Redundancy

ef13ee16855ac563c89c23ad14ba9f01.jpg

This is what I carry everyday. Even to church. The leatherman has a larger blade on it then the peanut if I need a stronger blade for some reason. But the peanut has been the go to knife for me since I got it for Christmas. To answer the question of why the peanut, my kids wanted to get me something special. They range in age from 11 to 3 and where so proud to get it for me. So I am very proud to carry and use it and it will always be in my pocket. Kind of special to me.[emoji3]

Sent from my E6782L using Tapatalk

.22 magnum revolver there Stitch?

Yes it it, NAA Sidewinder, fine and surprisingly accurate little shooter.

I really like the peanut's handle color and blade patina! (Also like the kit!)

Thanks I've carried it religiously everyday for over 5 years, it's proven itself to me, its been used for everything a knife is used for from gutting fish, carpentry tasks, dinner prep, and every mundane task in between it's never let me down.

Stitch, I always enjoy seeing that chestnut beauty!
Mine has a ways to go, but it's aging pretty nicely. I could proba sly count on one hand the days I've left it at home since I got it back in November.
WeFqoag.jpg

But I'll be honest I have sort of quit using the peanut for most tasks. I still carry it 99% of the time but my interests have started shifting back to other knives. I can't help but get bored after carrying the same knife over and over. It happens with any knife that sees constant long term pocket time.
It's funny, I feel guilty carrying the same knife over and over when I have so many other knives that seem to get neglected, but I also feel guilty carrying 2+ knives when all I need is one. I haven't been able to shake that (small)part of me that desperately wants to be a one knife man.

And these are my items that get carried everyday (pretty much) without fail.
rZzOJix.jpg

This group has pretty much been the same(excluding the peanut) for the past two years.
I haven't quite been able to downsize in the other departments as you can tell.
The full size leatherman is just too handy on job sites. I've just become too attached to it to leave it at home in favor of a smaller tool. And the Glock 19 is my only gun. I wanted something that would be concealable yet substantial enough to have at home. I would like to pick up a little 38(or maybe a single stack 9) for carry and a 357 for trips into the woods, but for now the Glock is all the gun I need. And the aaa maratac will every once in a while get left at home in favor of a beefier light when I know I'll be in a crawl space or attic all day, but even then I'm starting to still carry the maratac. It's so much easier to handle when I'm on all fours scooting around. I can just pop it in my mouth and keep working when anything bigger just becomes a nuisance.

Just came across the "cult of the Peanut" yesterday...amazing 5-year thread with hundreds of photos and chats! I hope this is a place where I can get some help identifying one of my knives.

Don't know if this knife I have fits into the peanut category. Is the category based primarily on size? Or other components?
I've had this knife since I was a kid, and now no company markings at all are visible on either blade. One blade is 2-15/16" and the other is 3-1/4"; both measured from the bolster to the point. One of the photos shows overall length of open knife.
So I don't know the brand of knife or if it is a type of peanut. Sure does look like some of the peanuts posted.

As you might tell, I am a newbie to knives. Only been interested since last August 2016, and have started a small collection. As I write, I have a Buck 385 Toothpick being shipped to me. Wonder if that will fit the peanut category, too?

Thanks in advance for any help on what this old, black patina blade actually is.

Just came across the "cult of the Peanut" yesterday...amazing 5-year thread with hundreds of photos and chats! I hope this is a place where I can get some help identifying one of my knives.

Don't know if this knife I have fits into the peanut category. Is the category based primarily on size? Or other components?
I've had this knife since I was a kid, and now no company markings at all are visible on either blade. One blade is 2-15/16" and the other is 3-1/4"; both measured from the bolster to the point. One of the photos shows overall length of open knife.
So I don't know the brand of knife or if it is a type of peanut. Sure does look like some of the peanuts posted.

As you might tell, I am a newbie to knives. Only been interested since last August 2016, and have started a small collection. As I write, I have a Buck 385 Toothpick being shipped to me. Wonder if that will fit the peanut category, too?

Thanks in advance for any help on what this old, black patina blade actually is.

Welcome. Looks like a trapper to me. Hard to say what brand. Handle looks to be 4 inches or so long. A peanut has a handle of 2 3/4 to 2 7/8 and a main blade of around 2 inches. Hope that helps.

Looks like a type of slimline trapper to me. Case makes a single blade version now, but I know I've seen old versions with two blades. Generally they're about 4 inches closed.

As I write, I have a Buck 385 Toothpick being shipped to me. Wonder if that will fit the peanut category, too?

Hi! Welcome! Peanuts are awesome knives. They are a particular knife pattern. Your new toothpick is its own pattern. Trappers and stockman knives are also patterns. Peanuts can be made from different materials, but most of them are recognizable in that they are quite small and have two blades in a jackknife configuration. All of my peanuts have a clip blade and a pen blade. Case makes a good peanut, but you'll see peanuts made by different companies, not just Case. I highly recommend getting a peanut and joining the Cult! [emoji4]

Alex

First, thanks for the welcome comments. Also thanks for the info on peanut size, configuration, etc., and your suggestions as to what my knife is. Not only do you folk know knives, but answer inquiries mega quickly! Much appreciated.

I didn't know that the two blades are in a jackknife configuration....interesting. Yes, my knife is 4" long closed, too. So without any identifying info on the blades, it sounds like it remains of unknown origin.

Also appreciated the encouragement to get a peanut and join the large group of loyal peanut fans. Just this morning I placed into a shopping cart a Case Yellow Delrin Peanut 80030 (3220 SS); now just doing a little more shopping/looking at some mini SAK multi-tools. Might add a SAK into the order. But I have had my eye on the Yellow Delrin Peanut for a while now and believe I will take the plunge. Reading through portions of the "cult of the peanut" thread, easy to see these knives are cool-looking. Thanks again. I'll be visiting and enjoying this thread in the days ahead....... Bozhidar

Welcome. Looks like a trapper to me. Hard to say what brand. Handle looks to be 4 inches or so long. A peanut has a handle of 2 3/4 to 2 7/8 and a main blade of around 2 inches. Hope that helps.

Looks like a type of slimline trapper to me. Case makes a single blade version now, but I know I've seen old versions with two blades. Generally they're about 4 inches closed.

Hi! Welcome! Peanuts are awesome knives. They are a particular knife pattern. Your new toothpick is its own pattern. Trappers and stockman knives are also patterns. Peanuts can be made from different materials, but most of them are recognizable in that they are quite small and have two blades in a jackknife configuration. All of my peanuts have a clip blade and a pen blade. Case makes a good peanut, but you'll see peanuts made by different companies, not just Case. I highly recommend getting a peanut and joining the Cult! [emoji4]

Alex

^^^ Much too large to be a peanut, which is 2-7/8" long closed.

First, thanks for the welcome comments. Also thanks for the info on peanut size, configuration, etc., and your suggestions as to what my knife is. Not only do you folk know knives, but answer inquiries mega quickly! Much appreciated.

I didn't know that the two blades are in a jackknife configuration....interesting. Yes, my knife is 4" long closed, too. So without any identifying info on the blades, it sounds like it remains of unknown origin.

Also appreciated the encouragement to get a peanut and join the large group of loyal peanut fans. Just this morning I placed into a shopping cart a Case Yellow Delrin Peanut 80030 (3220 SS); now just doing a little more shopping/looking at some mini SAK multi-tools. Might add a SAK into the order. But I have had my eye on the Yellow Delrin Peanut for a while now and believe I will take the plunge. Reading through portions of the "cult of the peanut" thread, easy to see these knives are cool-looking. Thanks again. I'll be visiting and enjoying this thread in the days ahead....... Bozhidar
Your welcome. The peanut is a small knife but very capable. It takes some getting used to it but it makes a great companion. Its my main carry knife.

Back