Cult of the peanut , members

cedbc377d96d673e2fd447773c4928f6.jpg

I recently picked up this little thing at a thrift store, cleaned it up a bit and love it! It's my first peanut and love the way it just fits in the watch pocket of my jeans, a favorite edc for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently picked up this little thing at a thrift store, cleaned it up a bit and love it! It's my first peanut and love the way it just fits in the watch pocket of my jeans, a favorite edc for me!

Wait...is this considered a peanut?

Did Western Call these "Peanuts" or would this be a "Pen" with the blades on opposite ends ? ? ?

Last edited:
Did Western Call these "Peanuts" or would this be a "Pen" with the blades on opposite ends ? ? ?

I'm. new to all this and it can be confusing but I think it may be considered a pen. I thought a peanut was just a small traditional folder.

Apologies, I just looked it up and it is a pen knife, shouldn't have posted before I researched it, lesson learned. On the plus side I paid $10.00 for it and it's valued at $60 so there's that....

Apologies, I just looked it up and it is a pen knife, shouldn't have posted before I researched it, lesson learned. On the plus side I paid $10.00 for it and it's valued at $60 so there's that....

No apology needed. Lots to learn here and I thought I maybe was going to learn that another company used a pattern name differently than what I was accustomed to. Welcome

Brand spankin' new member here. Picked this one from the exchange at a great price. My wife said, "Oh, what a cute little knife!"

a0fdc3dc9f07386a4ad04d9348c60afd.jpg

Last edited:
Why has Case not put out more Peanuts with a bail or lanyard hole? I would love a Peanut with a bail... It just seems like something that I wouldn't be alone in wanting.
Pocket watches are not as popular or common these days, so a peanut or other small knife on the other end of your watch chain is rare. If pocket watches necome popular/conmon again, Case and others will add a bail to their peanuts and peanut size knives.

Back