Cult of the peanut , members

PrN2vDR.jpg

I posted this one the other day in the What are you carrying thread. I thought some would get the joke behind it, must be too much of a southern thing though.

I can't believe I haven't posted my peanut in this thread yet. This is a poor photoshopped image but the knife has been there.
It's been to Europe with me a few times now and will be going back in October.
The ragged pen blade is the result of my poor editing skills.:)
43AVuW4.jpg

I got my first peanut in today. I guess there wasn't really anything I could do to prepare myself for just how small this thing really is. The smallest knife I own is a 15 at 3 1/2", so I was bit shocked at how nimble this little thing is.
I immediately touched up the edge on the main blade, and GOOD GOD, it took hardly no effort at all to get the clip blade screaming sharp. Part of that goes to Case for putting quite a nice edge on it before it left the factory. I was also quite surprised at how well this little bugger is put together. The fit and finish is superb.
I picked up two, one for me and another for a gaw, and they are both by far the best put together Case knives that I have had the luxury of fondling.
Here is mine
G285buG.jpg

Is this a Chestnut Jigged Bone?I plan to buy one,but find some pictures show the lighter color than you guys have in your pockets.

Is this a Chestnut Jigged Bone?I plan to buy one,but find some pictures show the lighter color than you guys have in your pockets.

Yes, it's a chestnut. Case can be all over the place with their dye jobs at times. I purchased two, one to give away and one to keep, this one was the most even. The one I gave away had a nice pile side(I think) and a lighter mark side.

Holy Legumes!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Those are some impressive Peanuts, Vaporstang!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Each one is outstanding, but that single-blade stag Damascus seems really rare!

- GT

Praise the Lord I finally found a Case Peanut for 25 bucks, New out of a Private collection.

Yellow CV and it got 5 x 3x above the Case as and 2x below.

Back