Cult of the peanut , members

ITjdl2G.jpg

Happy 4th of July from Oklahoma everyone.

Ya know, a peanut really is about all ya need. :D

(Brand new 2018 Case peanut in pocket worn Bermuda green)

42334476015_3726ac7efd_b.jpg

Beautiful specimen. Had one, identical to it, but sold it to somebody, who gave it to his wife, who by the way still carries it today in her purse, and uses it too. Many pizzas that nut has seen.

You are correct. A peanut or other small knife is about all you need. I have no problem just using my peanut for most of my cutting. If I need a bigger knife I have a couple of fixed blades for those rare occasions.

Yeah, I am like you in that regard.

Once again the peanut proved to me why it is the perfect companion for me. I was doing some wiring on a skid steer today and needed to cut into a harness. It was a really tight space. A bigger knife would have just been clumsy and in the way. The peanut being small gave me room to get my hands in there and make the cut.

The peanut and I built some new cabinet doors for our bathroom this afternoon. The mighty little legume performed the normal tasks of sharpening the pencil & trimming off splinters from rough edges. The peanut excels at these types of tasks.
VBDQ8Pz.jpg

nhkjfqj.jpg

The peanut is the perfect go anywhere companion.

The Case Chessie has been joined by its new sisters. The one above is a carbon steel Kabar, the one below is a Camillus(unsure of the steel, hoping carbon!)

Both take a hair-poppin’ edge with little fuss, and both have nice, easy pulls.

Looking forward to using ‘em in the days to come!

ncTCS9l.jpg

SQ2ZmTA.jpg

vKrnbUE.jpg

Hi, my name is Lee, I'm feeling a strong urge to purchase a Peanut. It probably has to do with the rave reviews and great stories here. I don't believe I'll find many people here who will try to talk me out of this crazy urge either. I wear gym shorts around the house a lot, the other day my SAK slid out of my shorts pocket while I was sitting on a stool, and the impact with the floor left a scratch on the alox. Tsk, tsk. Maybe something as small as a Peanut would feel less of a desire to jump out of my pocket? Also, I've tried the three knife thing, but I really only feel comfortable carrying two knives on a daily basis. Maybe a Peanut will work as my elusive third knife? I can hear it now, all you Cultists saying I don't need anything else besides a Peanut, but I have to start somewhere.

So it's down to which 'Nut to crack first. Today I found a Bear & Sons "bone stag" 2-blade Peanut for a great price, less than a yella Case. Can anyone speak to the quality of the B&S? The Case yella CV seems like the most classic example, but the chestnut CV posted above looks amazing and it's only a few dollars more. Any recommendations from the porch?

Lee

Back