Cult of the peanut , members

I came home from class today to find a shiny new Chestnut Bone CV Peanut waiting in my mailbox. I took it upstairs, used my Trapper to open the package, and put it on my desk. I slipped the Peanut in my pocket and off to work I went. I'd been looking forward to being part of the small knife movement, but the Vic Classic just wasn't right for me. The Peanut is just big enough to feel like a real knife. I think this is going to work out just fine.

Peanut roll call? Present! I think It'd be even more interesting to see how many people have bought a peanut after reading carl's stories

I'd love a peanut with the same blue as my Tiny Trapper:
6923638593_fa3bc54248.jpg

Unfortunately, Case saw fit to place a huge honkin' white CASE logo on the equivalent Peanut (mediterranean blue) scale in addition to the shield.

Uh, no.

I've also found another XX model, but all the main blades seem to sport a huge LIMITED engraving on them. (Do they all say, "1 of 2,500"?)

Also a "no."

On the other hand, I prefer CV blades anyway. Right now that looks like chestnut, red bone, or yellow delrin-- correct?

Hmm.

~ P.

I know what you mean. I'm getting to the point where I just don't want any shield at all anymore. The one my chestnut bone annoys me very much.
But that tiny trapper is a nice little pattern too

I'm a member of the cult. I just got another one from AG Russell today. Chinese Quince to join the mammoth ivory one I've had for a while. Really like them.

Chris.

Like most of y'all, I find that a small knife easily handles most of my daily cutting needs (In fact, the only time a pen or peanut has ever sort of let me down was for something like cutting a large sammich or some such. Even then, they got the job done - just a little messily :D). I will, however, sometimes tote a medium stockman or larger jack if I think I'm really gonna need "more knife" or add a sodbuster or other larger single blade pattern (or fixed blade when necessary) if I foresee doing heavier work or a lot of cutting.

Oops, almost forgot...here's the 'nut du jour.

34b1f9a4.jpg

Sorry for the sub-par phone pic.

:eek: Holy carp, really? Thanks!

I'll send a message through here. If you don't see it today, let me know- sometimes it seems as if they don't go through.

Got it! No problem, I'll get it out tomorrow or Mon.

Does my single blade, black old Camillus count?? Made in NY state, I picked up several of these years back. Gave a bunch of them away, but so far haven't lost mine. Happened to look in my son's "accumulation drawer" the other day for a pair of scissors and found one I gave him over 10 years ago that is in mint condition (he's 20 now, off at college). Mine was my EDC forever, and has a bit of a patina on it from eviscerating brook trout. Scalpel sharp. Lately it sits in a wooden box on the dresser and has been relegated to "special carry status".

Even if it's not a Case, I think I belong if only as an associate member.

hah no peanut here
never had one

but i do have a buck 309, and Jackknife said i could be a probationary member of the peanut club with a buck 309
so neener neener neener :)

hah no peanut here
never had one

but i do have a buck 309, and Jackknife said i could be a probationary member of the peanut club with a buck 309
so neener neener neener :)

Yeah, but did I forget to tell you that you would be on double secret probation till you got a Case?

:D

Carl.

My chestnut bone CV showed up in the mail today. Very nice construction on this one. I'll take some pictures of it this weekend in its pristine state. I'm downsizing my knife collection since I find that I seem to only carry a Case SBJ most days. Just sold a Chris Reeve Sebenza and picked up the peanut :)

Yeah, but did I forget to tell you that you would be on double secret probation till you got a Case?

:D

Carl.

umm errrm
i DO have case knives

1 mini-trapper in cv with yella handles
1 sodbuster jr in cv with yella handles
1 sodbuste jr in SS with Seals modified cherry handles

does that count?

Took this picture last Friday of some olive and pepper slicing work the peanut had just done, within about 10 minutes of opening the package it came in.

It has been in my pocket every day since. . . . And I don't see that changing any time soon.

Last edited:
Not a peanut, but it is a small knife I carry almost everyday for the last 11 years after finding it rusted shut in the bilge of a boat I bought. (Still have the boat too) '45-'55 Hammerbrand serpentine jack shell handle. 3 1/8" closed. I feel ashamed almost because I don't even own a case knife at all... :(

2012-02-08084247.jpg

When that's not in my pocket its because I have this ~1907 Gottlieb Hammesfahr pen knife on me. Its just to pretty to not carry!

2012-02-14104905.jpg

I guess I should get online and get myself a nut, but I have been carrying a small knife everyday for a long time!

-Xander

I have a few, mostly Case brand peanuts, but there are two that are particularly special. One is a Case damascus which has been modified with mammoth ivory scales, the other is a "Pinched Peanut" from A. G. Russell. Of all the peanuts in my collection, these two are my favorites and see the most pocket time. I'll post a separate review thread with pictures a bit later.

scaled.php

Case Thomas Raindrop:
scaled.php

A.G. Russell "Pinched Peanut":
scaled.php

Last edited:
Back