Cult of the peanut , members

Yeah, it's good it's kind of adjustable, but hey, good thing they come like that, for me at least, because I love that tilt, and the curvatures of the knife itself.
I think maybe it was designed like that, as even with straight line in the back, a re curve still forms with the handle in the front, edge side.
Beautiful nut you got there, by the way.

Thanks the blades are pretty hard took a while to get the edge on there
G2

Like father like son.
BcuKQub.jpg

I was very much inspired by this post.

Our third child, first son, is due any day now. TrapperMike’s fantastic example of father and son knives made me run out and buy a matching pair from our local brick and mortar. I can’t wait for him to grow up so I can give him his. For now I’ll carry mine proudly.

Now which one to keep........

Long live the peanut!

C9CDF139-C0A2-47F1-BB71-88E194CDA5D8.jpeg

Our third child, first son, is due any day now. TrapperMike’s fantastic example of father and son knives made me run out and buy a matching pair from our local brick and mortar. I can’t wait for him to grow up so I can give him his. For now I’ll carry mine proudly.

Long live the peanut!

View attachment 962750

A fine tradition!

Long live the peanut!

View attachment 962750
What a fine pair of matching legumes. And what a gift for your boy. He will grow up watching you use your knife and then when the time is right you will give him the very special gift of a knife just like dads. Congrats on having a son and great choice of matching knives. Just awesome.

A fine tradition!

I think so!

What a fine pair of matching legumes. And what a gift for your boy. He will grow up watching you use your knife and then when the time is right you will give him the very special gift of a knife just like dads. Congrats on having a son and great choice of matching knives. Just awesome.

Thank you very much for the congrats and inspiration!

I think so!

Thank you very much for the congrats and inspiration!
I was glad that I could be of some help. I was inspired by my kids when they gave me my little brown peanut for Christmas. I have been using it everyday since for about 2 years. I was also inspired by J jackknife about a month ago when he told me to quit worrying about other knives and go with the peanut and recruit that my kids gave me. He saw something I had failed to see. My kids made the choice of knives for me. Now I am a 2 knife man. All my other knives are put away in storage for the kids to have some day. My son enjoys helping me around the house. I gave him a peanut just like mine. He is as proud as can be every time he uses it. I have been inspired by this thread and all the great folks here that contribute. The peanut is a great little knife. I know you will enjoy it. I also know from experience with my son you will really enjoy teaching your son the ways of the cult of the peanut.

I was glad that I could be of some help. I was inspired by my kids when they gave me my little brown peanut for Christmas. I have been using it everyday since for about 2 years. I was also inspired by J jackknife about a month ago when he told me to quit worrying about other knives and go with the peanut and recruit that my kids gave me. He saw something I had failed to see. My kids made the choice of knives for me. Now I am a 2 knife man. All my other knives are put away in storage for the kids to have some day. My son enjoys helping me around the house. I gave him a peanut just like mine. He is as proud as can be every time he uses it. I have been inspired by this thread and all the great folks here that contribute. The peanut is a great little knife. I know you will enjoy it. I also know from experience with my son you will really enjoy teaching your son the ways of the cult of the peanut.

100%! This sure is a great place full of great people.

Simple is better!

Mike, think of all the money you'll save over the next 40 years of never having to buy another pocket knife. :D

If I wasn't having a hard time with the arthritis in my hands, I'd still be packing my peanut to the end. Only in my 70's did I finally get to the point of having a very hard time to open it, so I've very slowly and veeerrry reluctantly made the switch over to the small fixed blade for every day carry. But a peanut would still be doing all my cutting.

You're a very lucky man Mike!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike, think of all the money you'll save over the next 40 years of never having to buy another pocket knife. :D

If I wasn't having a hard time with the arthritis in my hands, I'd still be packing my peanut to the end. Only in my 70's did I finally get to the point of having a very hard time to open it, so I've very slowly and veeerrry reluctantly made the switch over to the small fixed blade for every day carry. But a peanut would still be doing all my cutting.

You're a very lucky man Mike!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your exactly right. I will save so much money. Now that it has clicked in my brain of being a 2 knife man i dont even want to shop for knives. We were in a little outdoor store on vacation in SE Oklahoma and they had a very nice selection of Case Knives and I looked but that was it. It was weird i didnt even care to handle any of them because i new i had all the knife i needed in my pocket. It has been such a pleasure being a 2 knife guy so far. I dont have to figure out a rotation to use my other knives and i dont find my self shopping for the next precious. I am satisfied with the cutlery my kids have chose for me.
Know if Case only would make a fixed blade peanut that might be the ticket for arthritic hands. :) I also have some arthritis in my left hand. Not fun.
Thanks for all your great advise and kind words.

Your exactly right. I will save so much money. Now that it has clicked in my brain of being a 2 knife man i dont even want to shop for knives. We were in a little outdoor store on vacation in SE Oklahoma and they had a very nice selection of Case Knives and I looked but that was it. It was weird i didnt even care to handle any of them because i new i had all the knife i needed in my pocket. It has been such a pleasure being a 2 knife guy so far. I dont have to figure out a rotation to use my other knives and i dont find my self shopping for the next precious. I am satisfied with the cutlery my kids have chose for me.
Know if Case only would make a fixed blade peanut that might be the ticket for arthritic hands. :) I also have some arthritis in my left hand. Not fun.
Thanks for all your great advise and kind words.

It's soooo ironic that it was a peanut and a SAK that 'cured' your own knife addiction. It was my dad's old peanut and it's influence to buy my own new peanut that stopped my buying of new knives. I had always had a basic SAK around since 1969, and it was my fall back/reboot knife. After I became a loyal legume legionnaire, I little by little gave away most my other knives as I had little use for them. Life became much more simple and I stopped buying knives. When I did look, I was just looking and thinking "What will that do that my legume or SAK won't do for me?" More and more the answer was nothing. The only reason I still drop by the forums is my attachment to the folks on the porch who I consider friends that border on family. This is the best place on the 'net and it's the people here who make it so, not the knives.

I just may have a custom sheath knife made for my use that will have a very great resemblance to a open peanut.;)

It's soooo ironic that it was a peanut and a SAK that 'cured' your own knife addiction. It was my dad's old peanut and it's influence to buy my own new peanut that stopped my buying of new knives. I had always had a basic SAK around since 1969, and it was my fall back/reboot knife. After I became a loyal legume legionnaire, I little by little gave away most my other knives as I had little use for them. Life became much more simple and I stopped buying knives. When I did look, I was just looking and thinking "What will that do that my legume or SAK won't do for me?" More and more the answer was nothing. The only reason I still drop by the forums is my attachment to the folks on the porch who I consider friends that border on family. This is the best place on the 'net and it's the people here who make it so, not the knives.

I just may have a custom sheath knife made for my use that will have a very great resemblance to a open peanut.;)
I had the same thoughts when I was looking at that fine display of case knives. They were very nice knives but they did mostly the same as what is in my pocket. I say mostly because when I look at my 2 knives there are memories attached to them. And as far as hanging out here on the porch your exactly right, its the great people from around the world that i meet here that keeps me coming back.

Hahaha...you're attracted to the romance of the one-knife man Carl, but you'll never be one of them. You love good steel too much. Peanuts, sodbusters, Opinels, stockmen for a bit, and now the resolza? You're closer to Mr. Van than your dad.

Here's my report at the end of my 30-day Peanut Challenge. In short, the Peanut really can do almost everything that I need a blade to do. Problem is that I just like knives too much that I want to carry and use all these other knives, so I guess you could say that I failed the Peanut, it didn't fail me. I carried it most of the past 30 days and enjoyed using it. There were only I'd say a handful of days where I didn't have it on me, and on those days I mostly carried a new Case Medium Jack. I bought the Medium Jack because I wanted something in between the 'Nut and the Texas Jack. As the Most Interesting Man in the World might say, "I don't always carry three pocket knives, but when I do, the third one is a Peanut." The Medium Jack, for all its advantages, has as-ground blades that make me miss the sharp, polished, thin blades of the 'Nut. The amber bone Texas Jack is really a medium-size knife, which doesn't fit the bill for a small light knife for around-the-house carry in the gym shorts pocket. The three Case jacks in current production simply have three distinct use cases and I appreciate each of them for what they are. I can see myself eventually giving in to the temptation to order a CV chestnut bone Peanut as a dressier upgrade to the yeller Delrin 'Nut.

On another note, I've been slowly making my way through jackknife's tales. So many of those stories evoked emotion, but tonight I read "Inconspicuous knife for inconspicuous life". Wow. Thanks to those men who do that type of work, and thanks to their families who also serve but don't really understand it at the time.

If and when that chestnut 'Nut falls into my hand and pocket, I'll be sure to post pics here.

Lee

Back