Cult of the peanut , members

... the simple truth is i do not like to be without it...
I feel the exact same way. I was at the beach last weekend and, of course, had a Peanut on me. My family was kinda joking on me like "what the heck do you need that thing for" and it was all fun and games until they wanted to get something open that had tie-wraps on it oh and some packaging that needed to be opened. "Dad, can you open this?" lol "Yes, yes I can".

I feel the exact same way. I was at the beach last weekend and, of course, had a Peanut on me. My family was kinda joking on me like "what the heck do you need that thing for" and it was all fun and games until they wanted to get something open that had tie-wraps on it oh and some packaging that needed to be opened. "Dad, can you open this?" lol "Yes, yes I can".
Makes you feel kind of superior dont it Darren ?

My first peanut, CV steel. I've got XL hands and this still works for me. Only took me 50 years to figure that out. Case did a great job. Fit/finish, no blade wobble, blades are centered. I always have a Vic Classic or Spartan in pocket. Looks like the Peanut will dominate the watch pocket for the foreseeable future. Poor tablet pic, sorry.

IMG_20180907_131638.md.jpg

This one has been a bit of a grail for me! I've been looking for one for 4-5 years... in fact, I didn't even know that recent (after the mid-70s) examples existed, it just seemed reasonable that Case would've put this combo together in the past 20 or so years. I didn't even want to post a WTB because I didn't want to look dumb if such a creature didn't exist... When one finally popped up on the 'Bay for the cost of literal peanuts, I couldn't hit "buy it now" fast enough. It landed on my desk about 15 minutes ago and I'm very pleased with it.

Here's my long sought-after 2010 "Rancher" Stag and CV Peanut!

20180907_142639-1737x976.jpg

It has a little bit of patina on both blades and a touch of verdigris, but what appears to be the factory edge. Nice even stag, about the same thickness as the bone models.

:D

Last edited:
Beautiful HeathH, no shield on it, me and a friend were looking for two peanuts like that a while ago, but we bought some 18 stockmen, available. Enjoy a fine knife, very nice.

Although i do like Case chestnut bone covers i also like their Amber bone and this morning a peanut in amber bone arrived, if it came in cv it would be perfect for me anyhoo as i was checking out the TruSharp blades the little bugger bit me right on the end of my blade opening thumb, so if he was trying to guilt me into carrying him the joke is on him as it looks like a Manbug zdp in the watch pocket until the cut dries up.

Pretty cool as of right now its the only peanut like knife I have so I'm calling it a peanut lol. Takes a wicked edge, in fact I was going to measure the blade length and my cat got nosy, I didn't want her to rub against my hand. I was afraid shed hit the open blade so I took my left hand to push her away, inadvertently rubbed the tip of my ring finger down the blade:eek::oops:, sliced it pretty good. Oh well least the cat was safe.

This one has been a bit of a grail for me! I've been looking for one for 4-5 years... in fact, I didn't even know that recent (after the mid-70s) examples existed, it just seemed reasonable that Case would've put this combo together in the past 20 or so years. I didn't even want to post a WTB because I didn't want to look dumb if such a creature didn't exist... When one finally popped up on the 'Bay for the cost of literal peanuts, I couldn't hit "buy it now" fast enough. It landed on my desk about 15 minutes ago and I'm very pleased with it.

Here's my long sought-after 2010 "Rancher" Stag and CV Peanut!

View attachment 981128

It has a little bit of patina on both blades and a touch of verdigris, but what appears to be the factory edge. Nice even stag, about the same thickness as the bone models.

:D
I saw this on the bay and almost pulled the trigger. What a awesome deal on a great stag nut. Now I wish i had lol. I know not to snooze on the next one.

Back