Cult of the peanut , members

Same old nut on this cold winter day
Never get tired of seeing that beauty.

Peanut in my pocket again today, as usual.

rdGXOtG.jpg

So just curious sorry if this was already talked about... what does everyone like to sharpen there peanuts at? I like to sharpen mine at 30 degrees with a few swipes at 40 degrees on the fine stone

So just curious sorry if this was already talked about... what does everyone like to sharpen there peanuts at? I like to sharpen mine at 30 degrees with a few swipes at 40 degrees on the fine stone

I sharpen it when needed on the 40° setting on my sharpmaker. From time to time, I give it a few passes on the 30° setting as well.
Or I do 30-40 passes on the 40°, and another 30 passes on the 30° setting.
But in manual sharpening, I guess I just follow the original, which is lower, or I mainly just do a bit of stropping on my clean leather belt. It's mostly enough and it never needed more.
Never the less, after that many years and using it around more or less, the edge still looks as almost brand new.

I can only get down to about 17dps using my KME (I don't have the pen knife attachment yet), so that's what I sharpen my main blade at. When I need to sharpen the secondary, I use the 15dps setting on my Sharpmaker.

20181201-133410-2.jpg

Now that is a beautiful image of a very beautiful knife. Thanks for sharing such a beauty.

I can only get down to about 17dps using my KME (I don't have the pen knife attachment yet), so that's what I sharpen my main blade at. When I need to sharpen the secondary, I use the 15dps setting on my Sharpmaker.

20181201-133410-2.jpg

Now that's stunning !

Back