Cult of the peanut , members

Got my first Peanut today. The wife and I went down town and looked around in some antique stores. Then we went to a “junk” store. This guy had everything. He even had one whole section of old electronic test equipment, some of it US Government.
I asked if he had any pocket knives. He said yes and that he would be right back. He came back with a all stainless Swiss Army knife with two broken blades, a wooden handles Schrade that is never seen before, and a dirty, dirty Case peanut.
I handled the peanut and wiped some of the dirt off. The blades were decent shape with some patina. Then I looked at the tang stamp. Ten dots (1970.)
I asked what he wanted. He said to shoot him an offer. I said “$25.”
He looked over EBay for a few mins, but then said “sure.”
I paid and took it home. I cleaned it up first with some Lucas CLP. After that, the grittyness when opening the blades was gone. Then I grabbed the Flitz and began to polish. Wow! The bone scales were a beautiful reddish brown.
This is my first Peanut, and I think I’m hooked. Along with my Canoe fetish.
AZt6yzi.jpg

FMHv4Gt.jpg

5odUzTV.jpg

Got my first Peanut today. The wife and I went down town and looked around in some antique stores. Then we went to a “junk” store. This guy had everything. He even had one whole section of old electronic test equipment, some of it US Government.
I asked if he had any pocket knives. He said yes and that he would be right back. He came back with a all stainless Swiss Army knife with two broken blades, a wooden handles Schrade that is never seen before, and a dirty, dirty Case peanut.
I handled the peanut and wiped some of the dirt off. The blades were decent shape with some patina. Then I looked at the tang stamp. Ten dots (1970.)
I paid and took it home. I cleaned it up first with some Lucas CLP. After that, the grittyness when opening the blades was gone. Then I grabbed the Flitz and began to polish. Wow! The bone scales were a beautiful reddish brown.
AZt6yzi.jpg

FMHv4Gt.jpg

5odUzTV.jpg
Good find. Score!

AZt6yzi.jpg

FMHv4Gt.jpg

5odUzTV.jpg
Congrats on finding such a fine little legume. Welcome to the cult.

Since I got into 2 car wreaks this summer I don't have the dexterity in my hands to handle a Case Peanut. My other Peanut Cousin 's are fine !

I can identify with that sooooo much!

Age and arthritis has robbed me of being able to handle the great legumes, and I do miss my peanut. I'll just have to muddle on through with mundane Buck 309 and Boker 240 pen with no stiff half stops.

But my heart will always be with The Cult!

Last edited:
I can identify worth hat sooooo much!

Age and arthritis has robbed me of being able to handle the great legumes, and I do miss my peanut. I'll just have to muddle on through with mundane Buck 309 and Boker 240 pen with no stiff half stops.

But my heart will always be with The Cult!

Some days I can handle the Nut just fine but OLD Timer 34 and 33 Jack are better choices
lest I get nipped !

Back