Cult of the peanut , members

Took my Dad's out to Christmas dinner last night as a rememberence piece, and a "safe" loaner knife.

2018-12-26-18.25.17.jpg

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!! I am on month 5 of owning peanuts and today is 2 months straight of nothing but the burnt canyon jigged bone nut and I couldn't be happier with how much its broke in and smoothed out.

That's the best way to acclimate to the peanut; total immersion. Don't carry anything but a legume and it's surprising how well you will adapt to the mighty mite of cutters. After a few months, you'll never go back!

TEwu4C2.jpg

Some nostalgia for me, plus something new for this ‘old’ Scout.

Was gifted this First Edition re-print and a well-loved Seventh Edition Scout Handbook from 1966 this holiday season.

Naturally, my legume approves and probably can’t wait for a bit of woods time during our lovely Texas winters!

This may have been done here before, but where are my fellow Scouts at in this lovely cult of ours?

I’ve always been jealous of the vast cover options Case offers for the stainless steel bladed peanuts ( especially Wurrwulf Wurrwulf bermuda green peanut.:D) I came across a stainless bladed/ jigged bone peanut with “as ground” blades and had to buy it. I didn’t realize Case offered this option outside of the jigged derlin model. I think this will be a good compromise to try out Cases’ stainless that I’ve always been biased towards( for no good reason). Hopefully it will push me to drop my prejudices towards the stainless models so I can buy more peanuts!!!:cool:
9D5DFAE5-F88F-4648-AD9B-21EEACD70659.jpeg B4AA1762-A8E8-49D7-A702-DD59E91EE46E.jpeg F1609636-251D-4021-9771-5E89E8DFB1CD.jpeg

That's a outright gorgeous legume, Jax!:thumbsup:

I think you'll find the Case stainless is a very serviceable steel for day to day duties of a pocket knife. The biggest thing is to make sure the burr gets taken off. Stainless is more 'gummy' and the burr needs top e done away with more carefully than the CV.

That's a outright gorgeous legume, Jax!:thumbsup:

I think you'll find the Case stainless is a very serviceable steel for day to day duties of a pocket knife. The biggest thing is to make sure the burr gets taken off. Stainless is more 'gummy' and the burr needs top e done away with more carefully than the CV.
Thank you for the tip. I will keep this in mine when I put a fresh edge on it today.

Last edited:
I’ve always been jealous of the vast cover options Case offers for the stainless steel bladed peanuts ( especially Wurrwulf Wurrwulf bermuda green peanut.:D) I came across a stainless bladed/ jigged bone peanut with “as ground” blades and had to buy it. I didn’t realize Case offered this option outside of the jigged derlin model. I think this will be a good compromise to try out Cases’ stainless that I’ve always been biased towards( for no good reason). Hopefully it will push me to drop my prejudices towards the stainless models so I can buy more peanuts!!!:cool:
View attachment 1057123 View attachment 1057124 View attachment 1057125
That is stunning! I really like the as ground blades. The tips are not rounded and the blades have a better look to them in my opinion. As far as tru-sharp goes I can get my peanut scary sharp like cv. It takes slightly more work to do so but it's not a pain to do. And it seems to hold its edge good enough for my daily needs. All steel will dull with use. I like a steel that I can bring back to razor sharp with little hassle. Tru-sharp and CV are those kinds of steels. I don't need a so called supper steel to enjoy my knife. Other people may have a different opinion and really enjoy the modern steels. That's cool with me. Enjoy your knife. I have no doubt the little legume will serve you well.

Back