Cult of the peanut , members

Thus the real penalty of misuse of a good tool is destruction. If you have learned from the experience, then the peanut did not die in vain. Nexttime you have a bottle of wine and no corkscrew, just use a stick to push the cork all the down through the neck of the bottle and drink up. The cork will float out of the way when the bottle is tilted to pour.

Or, have a SAK with a cork screw around someplace close.
Or be civilized and drink beer and the hell with (yuck) wine.

I always thought bigger was better until 12 years ago when my kids bought me a Bermuda green peanut for Father's day. To say the least I was not impressed but thankful. Dropped it in my pocket and the little knife has been with me daily.

Sometimes I'll pair it with a " bigger" knife but will usually use the peanut.

It's funny most people won't touch it because it's sharp and it will cut just about anything.

I keep telling everyone you have to learn how to use and to keep your knife sharp.

My oldest son and I went crappie fishing and brought home a mess of fish. As we're get ready to fillet the fish he's telling somebody get me a knife. I just looked at him and said use your pocket knife then pulled out the peanut and was working away. He finally got a fillet knife and was no faster than I was.

My dad carries a Case peanut or baby butterbean daily. He never has a problem.

So all that to say the peanut knife is just about perfect for daily cutting needs.

Never heard of it! But I'm drinking beer tonight, and maybe some vodka too. Have a good weekend, eh?
I thought you would be getting a pre game rub-down in preparation for your upcoming culinary challenge. We all want you in perfect physical condition and properly mentally prepared for this challenge that you are about to embark on.:D

I thought you would be getting a pre game rub-down in preparation for your upcoming culinary challenge. We all want you in perfect physical condition and properly mentally prepared for this challenge that you are about to embark on.:D
So you haven't forgotten? ;)
Probably on Sunday.

I made my first post on this thread about a week ago (see top of page 232).

I posted about a red bone cv peanut that had some manufacturer flaws. Thanks to everyone who replied - I think that calling case about the issue was the best choice.

Update: I got a free shipping label and will send it in for a warranty repair on Monday. I was told the whole process could up to 9 or 10 weeks (I guess they have a lot of fixes to make?)

So... seeing as I will be ‘peanut-less’ for a while, I did the only sensible thing and bought my 2nd case peanut (But this time in stainless).

q3cEZDv.jpg

P1c0tD0.jpg

I have loved carrying a peanut!!
It almost feel like i’m just walking around with one of those little Victorinox originals in my pocket, but I get a regular-sized blade. I don’t think it can get much better than that!

Last edited:
Back