Cult of the peanut , members

I generally put my 12OT in the Peanut category and include it with photos sometimes. I know it isn't exactly a Peanut, per se, but it seems like a very close brother. I have a Camillus that is technically a dogleg jack as well but I still call it a Peanut :thumbsup:

Peanuts, and peanut class, knives are like a family. There's the brother from another mother that is part fit. Theres also the red headed cousin from the 'other side of the tracks.' He's still family when it gets down to it. Kind of family under the greater umbrella of the coin pocket knife family. Kind of like on St. Patrick's day, everyone is Irish!:D

I still carry other knives, but this peanut has become a frequent companion. If I wasn't a knife nut I'm pretty sure it's all I'd really need to carry 90% of the time.
LRRNgV4.jpg

I still carry other knives, but this peanut has become a frequent companion. If I wasn't a knife nut I'm pretty sure it's all I'd really need to carry 90% of the time.
LRRNgV4.jpg

Heck, I'm a knife nut, or at least a knife nut on the wagon, and I'd carry that one exclusively. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've looked longingly at those and wondered how the pull was on a one to ten scale. Or how compares to say, a Victorinox recruit?

LRRNgV4.jpg

I've been admiring the pinched peanut for many years now and stumbled on one in mammoth the other day...hope to have it in my pocket by the end of the week!

A peanut...with VG10...and a Wharncliffe secondary could very well become my new go to knife.

Currently my GEC ebony conductor fills that spot. Its a bit bigger than a peanut so I don't consider it family, but if I had to go with only one knife....the conductor would probably be it.

Heck, I'm a knife nut, or at least a knife nut on the wagon, and I'd carry that one exclusively. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've looked longingly at those and wondered how the pull was on a one to ten scale. Or how compares to say, a Victorinox recruit?
Carl, The only Vics I have are the little keychain ones. Compared to one of those, I'd say it's a tad harder, even with the nail nicks placed where they are. Probably a 4, if I had to put a number to it. Just right for this kind of knife, IMO. I plan on this one being one of the only ones I carry, when it gets harder for me to open and close a knife. At 69 I imagine that's not all that far away.
Anyone else with a Pinched Peanut, who can weigh in on the pull?

I've been admiring the pinched peanut for many years now and stumbled on one in mammoth the other day...hope to have it in my pocket by the end of the week!

A peanut...with VG10...and a Wharncliffe secondary could very well become my new go to knife.

Currently my GEC ebony conductor fills that spot. Its a bit bigger than a peanut so I don't consider it family, but if I had to go with only one knife....the conductor would probably be it.
I look forward to your review. Let's help Carl take the plunge!

Posted this before, but given the controversy over the 12OT, I thought I'd post it again. I don't have the box for the Remington, but I'm positive it was labeled "R-P Peanut". The Remington looks more like the 12OT than it does the Case.
aLGIYEz.jpg

Carl, the pinched peanut I carry is the smoothest walk and talk of any small knife I have ever handled. It is just right. I also have a Northwoods mini moose, but I find it is almost too weak of a walk and talk...sort of like one step away from falling open on the main blade. The A G Russell pinched peanut is easy to open, but it still has some resistance. I’d call it a 3.5-4. Try one. It is truly worth it for arthritic hands.

Finally got in my mammoth pinched peanut.

A+ so far. The action is crisp and smooth. I like that it does not have a half stop. It's wicked sharp and the brushed/satin finish on the bolsters is just a classy touch to go along with the as ground finish on the blades. (I'm not a fan of mirror polish finishes)

This is my first experience with mammoth, I don't care for the highly variegated, multi colored versions so this is right up my alley. I'd like it more if it were more of a pure white to mimic elephant ivory, but this was a nice first experience.

I can see this easily being my new go to shirt pocket knife.

My fellow Cult members, I have a request...

I'm looking to gift a peanut to the lovely woman who said yes to a life sentence with yours truly a few months back (she loves that I gift her stuff she uses instead of flowers... found a keeper ladies and gents!) And have a particular idea in mind.

I'm requesting any input on how to attach a bail to a stock peanut so as to put a little chain on it, so it doesn't get lost in the endless depths of said better half's purse, as that would be GREATLY appreciated by the both of us! (She doesn't know yet... shh!)

Like I said, any input would be immensely appreciated!

-J

I'm looking to gift a peanut to the lovely woman who said yes to a life sentence with yours truly a few months back (she loves that I gift her stuff she uses instead of flowers... found a keeper ladies and gents!) And have a particular idea in mind.

I'm requesting any input on how to attach a bail to a stock peanut so as to put a little chain on it, so it doesn't get lost in the endless depths of said better half's purse, as that would be GREATLY appreciated by the both of us! (She doesn't know yet... shh!)

-J
Congrats on the engagement! Case has made peanuts with bails already attached, you would to look around/ search fleabay. I have no experience with knife modding sorry.:oops: If you have no experience with modding, you may be better off creating a leather slip/ sheath with a grommet that can attach to a chain. Good luck, post pics of solution.

-J
I suppose you'd have to drive out the pin and replace it with a pin long enough to peen over the bail, or drill another hole outside the structural pin and add a pin long enough to peen over the bail, but how would you make the bail? Or drill a hole or holes to bend a brad into to make a bail.
I can just see myself squinting and swearing over the project.
Yes, find one that's got a bail already, if you can.

Uncle Henry used to make a single blade peanut with a bail.

Back