Cult of the peanut , members

As a former sharpness junkie, I can attest to this.

I still keep a good sharp edge, but honestly, the amount of work it takes to get it that hair-splitting level of sharpness takes a bit, and maintaining it takes an almost obsessive level of maintenance.

These days, I just keep my knife sharp enough to do the day to day jobs, and maintain some durability.

Because it's like you said... it won't stay that sharp.
I totally agree. I used to be obsessed with keeping a hair popping edge on everything. I soon realized that after normal use on most of my knives they didn't hold that level of sharpness long. I got tired of obsessing over it and now just keep a good working edge. It takes me about ten minutes to put a good enough edge on it. I like the steels like victorinox uses because I can use just about anything to sharpen them back up no matter where I am. So called supper steels can hold an edge longer but I dont like spending hours sharpening them back up. I have better things to do.

I totally agree. I used to be obsessed with keeping a hair popping edge on everything. I soon realized that after normal use on most of my knives they didn't hold that level of sharpness long. I got tired of obsessing over it and now just keep a good working edge. It takes me about ten minutes to put a good enough edge on it. I like the steels like victorinox uses because I can use just about anything to sharpen them back up no matter where I am. So called supper steels can hold an edge longer but I dont like spending hours sharpening them back up. I have better things to do.

No doubt!

Honestly, my victorinox spartan takes a SCREAMING edge with very little work, and that makes it a breeze on the odd occasions where it needs a touch up!

Well, my fellow cult members... never really thought this day would come.

Hoping my membership in the cult won't get revoked, but... I have to move up to a modified mini trapper(probably going to shorten the spey blade and make it a sheepsfoot or pen blade with a long pull) as my daily carry for work purposes.

Sadly, it's actually out of necessity, as the longer clip blade of the mini trapper allows me to do a finishing process at work that the peanut's main blade is, unfortunately, just short of being able to do. (Confined space that I just can't get the bolster past, and only one way to get at it.

I'll understand if I wind up on double secret probation, but know that I'm still rather enamored by the peanut(probably have half a dozen now) and will always look to the lessons I've learned these past several years of carrying one.

Last edited:
4iOUBSg.jpg

Ok Carl you asked for it haha, I might be an oddity Carl but my Bond is my favorite handgun to shoot (and carry) as well as my wife’s. I have the 3” 45/410 it came with (least carried), and was offered at the time I purchased a 2nd barrel 1/2 off so I purchased the 3.5” 357/38 special, then add a 3.5”.45 colt only, and a 2.5” .45acp. The recoil is suggestive, I was worried when I bought it 5 years ago I’ve had a few hand/wrist surgeries arthritis etc. in my hands but I still work with my hands and play music so I keep them moving all the time. All I had read online prior to my purchase was shot it once never again etc. or “a friend of mine had one”. I should stress I’m not recoil sensitive and it is definitely not a gun for everyone. It’s definitely more challenging to shoot and the ergonomics takes some practice to get used to, it’s a firearm you need to spend some time with to become proficient, but it’s made me a way better handgun shooter overall.
I have other revolvers and semiautomatics but after a cylinder or a magazine or two they just become boring now. The Bond lets you slow down not that it’s slow once you master the manual of arms it’s a great one hand operating gun, it lets you enjoy shooting you need to use your noodle to adjust for the two different points of aim use some Kentucky windage, if you don’t like that kind of stuff and you like lasers and optics this is not a gun for you, once you dial in its as accurate as you want it to be. One reason I’ve taken to it as it’s a gun I can keep in my pocket working in the woods or outside and nothing gets fouled up or gritty, with a revolver I always have to spend hours when I’m done working and tired cleaning out sand and grit, same with a semiauto, this open it up, blow it out, if it is gritty it cleans up in a few minutes not an hour, also other firearms in my waist or on hip drives my sciatica crazy. Reliability , I’ve had problems with pocket semiautomatic not fuller sized but my LCP2 had to go back it was great for a while but started to drop mags after every shot, went back got fixed but had a loss of faith in it, another small pocket semi my wife had went back 6 times to the manufacturer the extractor would fly off after a few rounds, drawbar broke, drawbar spring also broke another time. It’s only two shots but it’s dependable and I’m accurate with it, I reload for it, I’ve chronographed various rounds in various calibers for it I’ve definitely put some time into it, I live in the country so I don’t see many people in my day to day life other than my wife and kids, but out of all my handguns I carry my Bond Arms and my NAA the most and have used them the most to dispatch sick or nuisance animals. I will say the 410 is cool-ish if you live like I do it’s great in the garden etc. but out in the woods I carry my .45 colt only with 255 grain hard cast or 357 with 180 grain hard cast, public I carry the .45acp with federal 230 HST’s which do expand from the 2.5” barrel and gets plenty of penetration. If you are worried I’d say get the 357/38 special, 158 grain shoot dead on in mine and recoil is mild more like a .22/.22mag in a revolver.
ps, if you don’t reload commercial .45 colt is pretty lame other than Underwood standard pressure, so .45acp or 357/38 would be a better choice plenty of choices and bullet weights to suit your needs.

Last edited:
Ok Carl you asked for it haha, I might be an oddity Carl but my Bond is my favorite handgun to shoot (and carry) as well as my wife’s. I have the 3” 45/410 it came with (least carried), and was offered at the time I purchased a 2nd barrel 1/2 off so I purchased the 3.5” 357/38 special, then add a 3.5”.45 colt only, and a 2.5” .45acp. The recoil is suggestive, I was worried when I bought it 5 years ago I’ve had a few hand/wrist surgeries arthritis etc. in my hands but I still work with my hands and play music so I keep them moving all the time. All I had read online prior to my purchase was shot it once never again etc. or “a friend of mine had one”. I should stress I’m not recoil sensitive and it is definitely not a gun for everyone. It’s definitely more challenging to shoot and the ergonomics takes some practice to get used to, it’s a firearm you need to spend some time with to become proficient, but it’s made me a way better handgun shooter overall.
I have other revolvers and semiautomatics but after a cylinder or a magazine or two they just become boring now. The Bond lets you slow down not that it’s slow once you master the manual of arms it’s a great one hand operating gun, it lets you enjoy shooting you need to use your noodle to adjust for the two different points of aim use some Kentucky windage, if you don’t like that kind of stuff and you like lasers and optics this is not a gun for you, once you dial in its as accurate as you want it to be. One reason I’ve taken to it as it’s a gun I can keep in my pocket working in the woods or outside and nothing gets fouled up or gritty, with a revolver I always have to spend hours when I’m done working and tired cleaning out sand and grit, same with a semiauto, this open it up, blow it out, if it is gritty it cleans up in a few minutes not an hour, also other firearms in my waist or on hip drives my sciatica crazy. Reliability , I’ve had problems with pocket semiautomatic not fuller sized but my LCP2 had to go back it was great for a while but started to drop mags after every shot, went back got fixed but had a loss of faith in it, another small pocket semi my wife had went back 6 times to the manufacturer the extractor would fly off after a few rounds, drawbar broke, drawbar spring also broke another time. It’s only two shots but it’s dependable and I’m accurate with it, I reload for it, I’ve chronographed various rounds in various calibers for it I’ve definitely put some time into it, I live in the country so I don’t see many people in my day to day life other than my wife and kids, but out of all my handguns I carry my Bond Arms and my NAA the most and have used them the most to dispatch sick or nuisance animals. I will say the 410 is cool-ish if you live like I do it’s great in the garden etc. but out in the woods I carry my .45 colt only with 255 grain hard cast or 357 with 180 grain hard cast, public I carry the .45acp with federal 230 HST’s which do expand from the 2.5” barrel and gets plenty of penetration. If you are worried I’d say get the 357/38 special, 158 grain shoot dead on in mine and recoil is mild more like a .22/.22mag in a revolver.
ps, if you don’t reload commercial .45 colt is pretty lame other than Underwood standard pressure, so .45acp or 357/38 would be a better choice plenty of choices and bullet weights to suit your needs.

Thank you so very much for that great review!!! It means a lot to me, bud.

I keep coming back to the Bond for some reason, maybe I just love oddball guns??? But you said something that rings very true to me; the reliability issue. I love reliability. I worship at the shrine of reliability. Thats why I no longer even own any semi auto handgun. I've had just about every compact semi there is, and not one of them was totally reliable. The Glock 26 was, but the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec .32, Walther .380, S&W bodyguard .380, all had problems. When I'm picking a gun to stake my life on in some close range encounter of the ugly kind, I don't want to worry about tap-rack-bang drills.

On the other hand, in over 50 years of handgunning, I've yet to have a single failure of a S&W J frame revolver or the Ruger LCR that I've been shooting the ever loving dog poo out of since early last December. Even the little NAA mini .22 revolvers have proven to be dead nuts reliable in the over 30 years that I've had them and actually practiced with them. The appeal of the reliability of the Bond plus the additional barrels for other calibers is a draw. I am primarily interested in the .410, and how it recoils.

You have been a help to me, thank you!:thumbsup:

Carl the only 410 that’s worth anything is the Federal 410 000 buck, I’ve used some shot shells on pest, but prefer my NAA with .22mag shot better for that task. I can’t find my actual chronograph results but from memory the the 000Buck 4 pellets are 68 grains clocking at around 660fps for an individually 65.5 fpe combined the 4 pellets are 272 grains for 263 fpe that’s from a 3” Bond barrel. So basically 4- 36 caliber sized projectiles with the individual energy of a .25acp. making hits simultaneously in a string past about 15’, up close it’s a smaller tighter group more fist sized. Recoil I don’t notice a difference between a 255 grain colt, .230acp or the Federal 410 000Buck, 357mag from a J-frame is more dramatic. I’d not want to be on the receiving end, I carry the 410 in spring working in my garden and when I’m picking wild blueberries in July, usually with one 410 000buck and then a 255 grain colt. From the 3”410 I get 780fps 344fpe with a 255 grain colt, for some perspective my 3.5” Colt Only Bond barrel I get 860fps from the same bullet 418 fpe.
The 410 is very useful and easy to make hits, but I do prefer carrying it .45 colt or .45 acp, 38’s are extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot, I get better 357 and 38 special ballistics out of my 3.5” Bond than my Ruger 3” sp101 due to the closed combustion and lack of cylinder gap.
They now make a rougher version that’s pretty responsibly priced. I’ve put many thousands of rounds through it I’d guess 6000-7000 rounds through it without a failure.
Thank you so very much for that great review!!! It means a lot to me, bud.

I keep coming back to the Bond for some reason, maybe I just love oddball guns??? But you said something that rings very true to me; the reliability issue. I love reliability. I worship at the shrine of reliability. Thats why I no longer even own any semi auto handgun. I've had just about every compact semi there is, and not one of them was totally reliable. The Glock 26 was, but the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec .32, Walther .380, S&W bodyguard .380, all had problems. When I'm picking a gun to stake my life on in some close range encounter of the ugly kind, I don't want to worry about tap-rack-bang drills.

On the other hand, in over 50 years of handgunning, I've yet to have a single failure of a S&W J frame revolver or the Ruger LCR that I've been shooting the ever loving dog poo out of since early last December. Even the little NAA mini .22 revolvers have proven to be dead nuts reliable in the over 30 years that I've had them and actually practiced with them. The appeal of the reliability of the Bond plus the additional barrels for other calibers is a draw. I am primarily interested in the .410, and how it recoils.

You have been a help to me, thank you!:thumbsup:
3enHlJF.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Darren does that knife (gorgeous by the way) have copper or brass bolsters, or is it a trick of the light that I am seeing?
The filter I like to use and the color of my house in the background often makes the bolsters look more brass than they really are.

Back