Cult of the peanut , members

Good afternoon everyone! I seldom post, but I love to look at the pictures and read the posts daily. I just purchased my first case peanut, yellow handle CV. I’m typically a 6318 Stockman user but I would like to join the cult of the peanut if possible. Does my recent purchase make that allowable?
I would say your in, just drop that little guy in your pocket and use the heck out it, you’ll be surprised at just what it will do. Enjoy.

Good afternoon everyone! I seldom post, but I love to look at the pictures and read the posts daily. I just purchased my first case peanut, yellow handle CV. I’m typically a 6318 Stockman user but I would like to join the cult of the peanut if possible. Does my recent purchase make that allowable?

Ah, Bro, look at me, this is serious.

Unknown to you, your name has already been placed before the inner council. Within moments after you purchased your legume, a man sat down in park on a public bench. A fat man in a rumpled white linen suit and a red Fez on his head was already sitting there, feeding the squirrels from a bag of peanuts. The newcomer set down a folded newspaper on the bench between them. The man in the white suit asked him, "What is special about legumes?" The newcomer answered "They go unnoticed in the pocket" and then got up and walked away, leaving the folded up newspaper with a piece of paper with your name on it. The man in the Fez then picked up the paper and got into a waiting yellow New York taxi.

The taxi took him across town to a non descript building, and he then went down a stairway to a basement door. This led to a stone floored passage way to a subterranean chamber. An old white bearded man in black robes was at the head of long table and he looked at the name on the paper. The paper was then passed around the table and other members of the inner circle looked and nodded at the name on the paper. You were already known, as The Cult knows everything.

Someday soon, when you least expect it, the man in the rumpled linen suit and fez will contact you, and you will be taken to the place of initiation and sworn into The Cult.

You must never tell anyone, nor reveal the secret handshake.

Last edited:

Unknown to you, your name has already been placed before the inner council. Within moments after you purchased your legume, a man sat down in park on a public bench. A fat man in a rumpled white linen suit and a red Fez on his head was already sitting there, feeding the squirrels from a bag of peanuts. The newcomer set down a folded newspaper on the bench between them. The man in the white suit asked him, "What is special about legumes?" The newcomer answered "They go unnoticed in the pocket" and then got up and walked away, leaving the folded up newspaper with a piece of paper with your name on it. The man in the Fez then picked up the paper and got into a waiting yellow New York taxi.

The taxi took him across town to a non descript building, and he then went down a stairway to a basement door. This led to a stone floored passage way to a subterranean chamber. An old white bearded man in black robes was at the head of long table and he looked at the name on the paper. The paper was then passed around the table and other members of the inner circle looked and nodded at the name on the paper. You were already known, as The Cult knows everything.

Someday soon, when you least expect it, the man in the rumpled linen suit and fez will contact you, and you will be taken to the place of initiation and sworn into The Cult.

Possibly the most entertaining post I've read on Blade Forums:thumbsup::thumbsup:

From one yella' nut owner to another, welcome. Your first assignment is to empty your pockets of any other cutlery. Only carry the peanut. After one week, report back on your experiences. We will help guide you as needed.

From one yella' nut owner to another, welcome. Your first assignment is to empty your pockets of any other cutlery. Only carry the peanut. After one week, report back on your experiences. We will help guide you as needed.

YES!

This is the acid test of both the capability of the mighty little legume, and the resolve of the member of The Cult in his/her dedication to the truth of the 'nut; that it really can handle 99% of what will be needed in a cutting tool in modern life in the wilds of untamed suburbia.

If the 'nut can't handle it, then an outright kitchen knife or machete is needed.

this post made my day, the handshake is safe with me.

I'm with you. I recently purchased a yellow CV peanut. I tweaked mine just a bit to get the blade to lay out parallel with the spine, but other than that, it's a really nicely made little knife.
the pic on the right shows the problem that I had to correct. I don't have a pic with me that shows the corrected blade..

0tnGsF.jpg
0tnxc7.jpg

I'm with you. I recently purchased a yellow CV peanut. I tweaked mine just a bit to get the blade to lay out parallel with the spine, but other than that, it's a really nicely made little knife.
the pic on the right shows the problem that I had to correct. I don't have a pic with me that shows the corrected blade..

The clip blade on my Peanut rests at a small angle, I thought it was intentionally made that way.

It might be designed that way... some of our peanut experts need to step up with design info... :cool:

Mine also had the spring a little proud when it was open.. you can see it in the pic. My less than judicious dremel work helped that quite a bit, but left the kick a little, um... lacking. I had to commandeer a laser welder at work and build the kick back up a bit to make it lock up without any "overextension".

this is what it looks like now....
0kan7c.jpg

Excellent! :thumbsup::cool::D:thumbsup:

Carl, I'm gonna miss you when I'm gone (or when you're gone, whichever comes first). ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

It might be designed that way... some of our peanut experts need to step up with design info... :cool:

Mine also had the spring a little proud when it was open.. you can see it in the pic. My less than judicious dremel work helped that quite a bit, but left the kick a little, um... lacking. I had to commandeer a laser welder at work and build the kick back up a bit to make it lock up without any "overextension".

this is what it looks like now....
0kan7c.jpg

To my knowledge, they all are like that. There may be some arcane reason for this design quirk, but I won't mess with the way that Case made it. Like triggers and springs on guns, I leave them alone.

To my knowledge, they all are like that. There may be some arcane reason for this design quirk, but I won't mess with the way that Case made it. Like triggers and springs on guns, I leave them alone.
Thanks for the input... I've really not inspected all that many peanuts. I have only had one, that is from probably the 50's or 60's that I think belonged to my uncle. I found it in the floorboard of his "hobby car", a Porsche 912 that he was trying to restore. It had a pretty good coating of rust on the blades, so I steel-wooled it to stop that. It ended up with a pretty black finish, and I cannot read anything on the tang, if it was there to begin with.

I tend to tinker with things... I'm always looking for ways to tweak, or improve a design. I try to do it judiciously... knowing mostly what I'm capable of attempting. I tend to leave mechanical "systems" alone.. such as car engines... but I occasionally will tweak around the edges of something... little things, that help finesse the system. Sometimes it even works...:oops:

If you had to commandeer one at work, I probably can't afford one.
Yes... I couldn't either... it's a small laser, probably only costs around $30-40,000. I use it for some of my test samples on a regular basis, and it sometimes sits idle for a few hours, so it's no big deal.

I mis-spoke... it wasn't the kick I had to build up, but the back of the tang where it contacts the spring when full open.

I inspected my uncle's old peanut under a microscope, and the tang stamp puts it at the 65-69 time frame.
Here is a comparison pic of the old knife blade angle compared to the new knife's "corrected" blade angle.

86v93XJ.jpg

Back