Cult of the peanut , members

First peanut arrived: yellow with cv. I'd post a pic but you guys have seen a few of those. I'm 2 days into my peanut challenge and I have to say its a winner! I cut up ribs with it last night, no problem. I totally can't tell its in my pocket, it has great W and T, yeah I'm hooked. And it makes me sad because I've been a stockman guy (34ot, 897UH, Buck, Case 6318 mostly) for about 35 years. I truly love the 6318 as the 897uh isn't American anymore (it was my favorite). But this peanut has ruined me. I'm going for redbone next.....

First peanut arrived: yellow with cv. ... I've been a stockman guy (34ot, 897UH, Buck, Case 6318 mostly) for about 35 years. I truly love the 6318 as the 897uh isn't American anymore (it was my favorite). But this peanut has ruined me. I'm going for redbone next.....

You have great taste in pocketknives, sir! Welcome to the peanut clu....... err, cult.

-- Mark

I've only had mine since late April, but it's seen a lot of pocket time since then... sometimes alone, sometimes not. The only reason it stays home is that I feel bad about not using some of my other knives and if it's in my pocket, I usually grab it first.
qFpgyVG.jpg

I've only had mine since late April, but it's seen a lot of pocket time since then... sometimes alone, sometimes not. The only reason it stays home is that I feel bad about not using some of my other knives and if it's in my pocket, I usually grab it first.
qFpgyVG.jpg

Gorgeous peanut and great photo of it!! Is that amber bone?

It is a joy to carry. I have learned that it will handle most all of my cutting needs. It even cuts net wrap off the hay bales for the cows. It really is all the knife i need on a daily basis.

Its very easy to see why the humble peanut can be used as a metaphor. Its easy to consistently over estimate what is needed, and most of the human race does it. Things like the peanut, the SAK classic, NAA mini revolvers will get it done in spite of the sometimes ridicule from the over achievers. Like all those old guys I knew as a kid that carried a little pen knife and got by very well. How much blade does one really need in a modern life?

Its very easy to see why the humble peanut can be used as a metaphor. Its easy to consistently over estimate what is needed, and most of the human race does it. Things like the peanut, the SAK classic, NAA mini revolvers will get it done in spite of the sometimes ridicule from the over achievers. Like all those old guys I knew as a kid that carried a little pen knife and got by very well. How much blade does one really need in a modern life?
I had the honor and pleasure to grow up close to my grandpa. He was a farmer all his life. He fought in Europe during WW2. I lived a couple miles away from him and saw him just about everyday. I worked side by side with him and learned so much from him. He used to carry a small pocket knife around the size of a peanut. I figure if that is all the pocket knife he needed through all he lived through it will handle all my cutting needs too. The peanut is really all i need 99% of the time.

Back