Cult of the peanut , members

Wow. I notice a lot of us either just ordered one or recently found one in the mailbox. Case should make more than just three CV handle choices. I wanted orange scales on mine but just had to have CV.

Also Carl is responsible for me ordering one, but a lot of you are also guilty of making me "need" a Peanut. Carl is definitely the ringleader though. Nicely done, sir.

Count me in. Love my Case redbone CV peanut. Not on me right now, had to make a break for the basement (stoopid tornadoes) and didn't have enough time to drop it in my pocket, and haven't gone up to get it yet.
I should. The twister's passed. Just need to go upstairs.

So I'm guessing you live near Dry Ridge? I work in Northern Kentucky (Crescent Springs) and live in Ohio (yeah, a d*mn buckeye). I left work about 3:30 yesterday and ran from the tornadoes north to home.

How are things? I know a lot of people from that area from work.

Case is king in Ky. from what I've seen.

Oh yes, a member here for sure. I was tempted back in '07 and got my first Peanut, a SS Derlin from a local hardware near work. I carried it daily and used it for everything an EDC should manage. After a couple of weeks, I realized that after only wishing for a SAK once that the Peanut was indeed very worthy and I became enlightened. I have added a Yellow CV Peanut as well and he gets carried a lot. Every time there is a one knife, 30 day challenge or what if game going on here I always pick the Yella Fella and play along.

Peanut roll call? Present! I think It'd be even more interesting to see how many people have bought a peanut after reading carl's stories

I'm one of them...and now I have four! :D
Queen reverse MOP Peanut in my pocket today.

My love of "the nut" goes back some 40yrs:) When I was little my Grandmother had a roll top desk full of small promotional knives that the grain elevator my Grandfather managed gave away as complimentary knives to their customers---these where smallish Jack knives with the elevators name on them.

When I received my first knife (Seven if memory serves) yes times have changed!!! it was a "Peanut" a Schrade I think. But pulls where on the same side unlike Cases "Nut".

I have several but this newer Case is a definite favorite---Let's see "Yeller" handles and carbon blades---a Carl influence there perhaps:p

Pictured here with a "lil" fixed blade I like to carry as well---minimalism rules:thumbup:

scaled.php

Paul

I bought my girlfriend a peanut a couple years ago, gave away one on the forum a while back, and carry a Buck 309. Can I join too?

Along with my new Chestnut CV peanut I carry this one from time to time. It belonged to my father before he passed.

DSC_0726pea.jpg

Along with my new Chestnut CV peanut I carry this one from time to time. It belonged to my father before he passed.

DSC_0726pea.jpg

Love that Vintage Case Peanut and the sentimental attachment with it!!!

Paul

Well I guess you can count me in as well.:)
Got 3 of the little buggers and the little yella banana always seems to kick any other knife out of my pocket sooner or later:p

....and yes it's mainly all Carl's fault :D

I just picked up my third today while bumming around the mall, it's a SS "pocket worn" harvest orange. I'll have to post pics later, the handle is gorgeous IMO. My second is a 1972 brown syntetic CV that my mother-in-law had lying around her kitchen for years without ever being used, it's never been sharpened, and my first is a yellow CV. The harvest orange will be kicking the yella outta' my pocket for a bit while I get aquainted with it.

Eric

Can't wait to see pictures of that Eric. The harvest orange looks very interesting to me. But I surely do not need another knife!

Can't wait to see pictures of that Eric. The harvest orange looks very interesting to me. But I surely do not need another knife!

Took these just now, you can see how the bone handle is "rounder" than the delrin. It feels really good!

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

My pocket worn bermuda green bone is rounded the same way.
Makes the knife feel slimmer than a regular peanut. I like that :D
IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7480.jpg

IMG_7477.jpg

IMG_7476.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm guessing you live near Dry Ridge? I work in Northern Kentucky (Crescent Springs) and live in Ohio (yeah, a d*mn buckeye). I left work about 3:30 yesterday and ran from the tornadoes north to home.

How are things? I know a lot of people from that area from work.

Case is king in Ky. from what I've seen.
I'm just south of Indiana. We got off pretty easy here, not much damage, but Union County got hit real hard. Two or three tornadoes touched down there in three days.
Case is king here as far as knives go, it seems that if you see a belt knife it's a Buck, and if it's ridin' in the pocket it's Case.
Might as well mention it here too, I'm jacknut#3. :D Rollin' with it.

Last edited:
Here are a few (the yeller one gets most of the pocket time) that I carry often. Four Case and two Schrade (ones a Sears Craftsman made by Schrade). Subtle differences in all of them---as pointed out above the "Pocket Worn" are a little thinner. My "Pocket Worn" is a dark red bone 1996 nut with an incorrect model number stamp.

Group Shot
scaled.php

scaled.php

The Case yellow derlin alongside the Case "Pocket Worn" and a 1964-1969 tang stamp Case on the far right---it being the thinnest of the three, it also sports the relief in the handle allowing for a little easier access to the pen blade.
scaled.php

Here is the vintage Case nut alongside the Schrade showing the recess in the handles---I like the Schrade a lot being both blades pulls are on the same side---kind of nice I think:thumbup: Plus this little Schrade has beautiful brown bone handles.
scaled.php

Here's a shot of the wrong model number on the 1996 "Pocket Worn" nut (which would indicate a stag handled model). I think it makes it a little unique.
scaled.php

Like mentioned before the Peanut is such a great knife---razor sharp---disappears in the pocket but handles most chores thrown it's way.

Paul

For a long time I did not care at all for the peanut. But about 3 years ago, after reading Carl's stories here in the forum, I gave it a second, third etc. look, and before long I ended up buying about 6 Case and 2 Ozark Trail ones, in different handle scale and steel materials. I gave away a couple and still carry a few as part of my rotation.
They are really handy and sheeple-friendly.

I have to admit, I like the peanut now. I don't think I will ever make it my only EDC, but I definitely like it. Does this make me a cult member?:D

I posted over in the Kershaw forum that my son, who is home from college on spring break, asked for one of my Leeks.

After handling several of my traditionals last night he said without hesitation that the Peanut is the next knife for him. He knew he wanted CV, not SS, and when he looked at the scale options he immediately landed on the yellow delrin. That choice may have been influenced by my grandfather's yellow Schrade 708Y that he had been handling (he is after all, named after my grandfather). Placed an order without him knowing it while we were sitting here talking. It should be here Wednesday.

Edited to say, thanks Eric for the pictures of the harvest orange -- very nice!

Love that blade swedge on the Schade/Craftsman! Totally sweet Peanut :thumbup:

I've been looking around for a Schatt & Morgan bone handled 'nut, I've only seen pics but I do like their knives.

Oh yeah, there's an olive bone Case Collector's Club Peanut in my watch pocket today :D

Back