Cult of the peanut , members

There's also the red bone CV nut. I just ordered two of them, one will be a gift for a friend.

Hmmm. Let me know if they're red, and not pink?

In my (new) dreams, my CV Peanut has bone scales like this (borrowed from gmarthur's post in the Today's Traditional Tote thread):

IMAG0002.jpg

~ P.

Guys: I came across this 'nut for sale on that big ole auction site.

WornNut.jpg

It was described as a Case XX USA 6220 1964-1969 Era 2 Blade Redbone 2-7/8" peanut knife, and actually sold for $15.75. :D Believe it or not, the knife "has been used and carried." :p

Now, I don't reckon we'll ever know who toted this 'nut over the years, and we'll surely never hear all the stories it could tell. But I submit that we give the guy honorary, in absentia membership to the cult. What say ye, Grand High Muckba Carl? Can I get an amen!?

-- Mark

WornNut.jpg

It was described as a Case XX USA 6220 1964-1969 Era 2 Blade Redbone 2-7/8" peanut knife, and actually sold for $15.75. :D Believe it or not, the knife "has been used and carried." :p

Now, I don't reckon we'll ever know who toted this 'nut over the years, and we'll surely never hear all the stories it could tell. But I submit that we give the guy honorary, in absentia membership to the cult. What say ye, Grand High Muckba Carl? Can I get an amen!?

-- Mark

Heck yeah. Anyone carrying a time worm peanut hawkbill goes immediately to the third level! This guy was hardcore.:thumb up:

Carl

-- Mark

I almost bid on that. Glad that I didn't now. I did pick up a different peanut in another auction and will be joining the cult in about 4 days when it gets to my door.

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

The 1972 that I found in a soapdish next to my mother-in-law's kitchen sink. She said I could have it.

I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but since my son and I now both carry Peanuts, I thought it worth a second post here. This is a picture I took earlier today just after I used my chestnut bone Peanut to open the package containing the yellow delrin Peanut I ordered for my 19 year old son. We both have Peanuts in our pockets tonight.

peanuts.jpg

Send me your mailing address - I've got a lightly-used chestnut/CV one that you're welcome to.

Got it! Dropped it in my scrubs pocket today- still smaller than I'm used to, but considering there's naught but a crappy drawstring keeping scrub pants up, less weight is good.

Use it well!

Carried the yeller one again today.

My stag damascus Peanut arrived yesterday, mmm good!

There's two more I have my eye on, a blue bone BSA, and the ebony swirl wood. Addictive little things! :D

My stag damascus Peanut arrived yesterday, mmm good!

There's two more I have my eye on, a blue bone BSA, and the ebony swirl wood. Addictive little things! :D

Stag and damascus, great combination! :thumbup:

That would be the one more knife I'd add to the peanut gallery.

Carl.

I've got a dilemma. Can't decide between my yella mini trapper or red peanut... not good.
Guess I'll carry both.
:D

Hmmm. Let me know if they're red, and not pink?

They arrived just before last weekend and I'd say they're red enough, the dye is a bit thin in places but not enough to make them pink. I gave one to a friend and he spent a buch of time fondeling it and using it in the kitchen. The one I kept has been in my pocket since day one.

Eric

They arrived just before last weekend and I'd say they're red enough, the dye is a bit thin in places but not enough to make them pink. I gave one to a friend and he spent a buch of time fondeling it and using it in the kitchen. The one I kept has been in my pocket since day one.

Eric

Excellent!

Thanks for remembering my question, and getting back to it.

~ P.

002.jpg

I've been a happy cultist for over a year now. My only true EDC's are this little fella and a yellow opinel #2 that permanently resides with the keys to my truck. I sometimes grab a larger folder for work or to have a clip knife handy but the two little yellas are always with me.
Below is the only pic I have of the opinel.

eyebrand001.jpg

Stag and damascus, great combination! :thumbup:

That would be the one more knife I'd add to the peanut gallery.

Carl.
Case did a nice job with this one, they left some bark and a little bit of popcorn on the covers(!) It's really a sweet knife and been in my pocket nearly all the time since I got it.

You guys are killing me! Between Carl's stories, this thread and the one by mnblade over here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/787447-The-life-of-a-Case-peanut-from-Day-1

You've got me set on picking up a peanut. I think a local shop has the yellow CV ones in stock, so tomorrow it's off to the store. Today being St. Patrick's Day and all, there's some celebratin' to do, being Irish. The challenge (and joy) of developing that patina is too hard to resist.
I think I have a SS amber bone peanut in my collection somewhere. If I can find that I'll throw it in my pocket until I can get the CV one, but the CV is calling to me.

Thanks a lot.:D

John

i just got my CV Peanut in Yellow and am putting it to the test at work today breaking down boxes, so far i love it and my GF who sometimes gets embarrassed with my knives actually likes it. i like the shape but i don't think i realized how small it was till i held it. but so far it cuts like the dickens and that's good enough for me

Back