Cult of the peanut , members

My new favorite EDC, the dark red bone in CV.

IMG_0081.jpg

i hear the cult accepts members who carry buck 309's, tiny trappers and tiny toothpicks
could be worth looking into if you want in the cult :D

DSC01046.jpg

One of a few peanuts I am lucky enough to have . Really very capable little knives .
Jim

Here's mine, with a Case #22087 I've been carrying as well.

One with stag, the other is a pocket-worn red bone, both blades broken. I'm in the process of maybe converting it into a 'one-arm-jack'. If that doesn't work, I'll have Case put new blades on for me.

047.jpg

~Chris

I've been carrying mine for a few weeks now. I haven't used it in the kitchen (mostly due to size) so it has no sign of a patina yet. I'm letting it develop on its own and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I've carried every day but one, when I took a Vic Farmer hiking. The Peanut is sweet, I like it a lot better than my Tiny Stockman or any penknife I have.

Well, I did it. Went and picked up the Case yellow peanut in CV. And to top things off, my 10 year old who was with me picked out the Case brown synthetic handled peanut as his 'whittling' knife.

So, there you have it. Two converts for the price of one.

I'm going to let this one develop it's own natural patina, no forcing it. The last couple of CV knives I own I forced the patina by sticking the blades into an apple and leaving them for extended periods of time. Worked well, but not on this one. This little fella is going to earn its patina all on its own. Hard work(relative) and sweat will lead to its character development.

Congrats! My 19 year old son and I are both proud owners of Peanuts within the past month, and we both love them!

I'm not downing the peanut but I handled one at a market here in Florida and its way to small for my hands. I couldn't even open the thing. I'm glad I finally got to handle one, along with a ton of other case knives, but not for me and WAY smaller then I imagined.

Not actually a peanut, but the reason I rescued this Camillus 22 pony jack from a flea market table was its similarity in size and style to my peanut.

betterdays2.jpg

betterdays1.jpg

Here they are together.

peanutponyjack1.jpg

Blame Carl for my buying a yella Case in CV, that now has a very respectable earned patina

Blame Rob for gifting me this S&M
attachment.php

Blame Dave Shirely (Of Blessed Memory) for gifting me this Northwoods
attachment.php

But to be honest my comfort zone is 3 1/4" stockmans and pens or 3" toothpicks

I have quite a few peanuts, it's the one pattern that I really "collect". This picture was taken a while ago, I have several more. I have a special, hard-sided, aluminum case with individual cubbies just for these guys and my other small Cases. I really need to take a picture one of these days.
peanuts.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize how many Peantus I had until I looked at my collection.

Ulster, Case, Case, Kabar, Imperial
DSCN1160.jpg

I didn't realize how many Peantus I had until I looked at my collection.

Ulster, Case, Case, Kabar, Imperial
DSCN1160.jpg

I believe that is, Ulster, Case, Case, Case, Kabar, Imperial...?

I'm not nitpicking (for the sake of doing so ;))-- I like the look of that third Case very much, the blue with the classy shield. Do you know what that particular model/color is called?

All About The Blue,
~ P.

I believe that is, Ulster, Case, Case, Case, Kabar, Imperial...?

I'm not nitpicking (for the sake of doing so ;))-- I like the look of that third Case very much, the blue with the classy shield. Do you know what that particular model/color is called?

All About The Blue,
~ P.

It is the Case Collector's Club model....I bought it in August so I am not sure if they still have them.

Back