Cult of the peanut , members

This is about a week overdue, in the past I have started threads but really not much to add I'll just link some of my old threads about this knife, I've now carried my Chestnut peanut everyday for 3 years + I've used it for everything food, camp craft, carpentry and just about every mundane task you could think of.

It's aged naturally just carried and used

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1003534-If-only-a-Peanut

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1021860-The-Year-of-the-Peanut

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/968684-Let-s-see-your-Peanuts-amp-their-Patinas

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1138253-2-years-of-Consistent-Peanut-Carry

Happy New Years

Pete

This is about a week overdue, in the past I have started threads but really not much to add I'll just link some of my old threads about this knife, I've now carried my Chestnut peanut everyday for 3 years + I've used it for everything food, camp craft, carpentry and just about every mundane task you could think of.

It's aged naturally just carried and used

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1003534-If-only-a-Peanut

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1021860-The-Year-of-the-Peanut

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/968684-Let-s-see-your-Peanuts-amp-their-Patinas

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1138253-2-years-of-Consistent-Peanut-Carry

Happy New Years

Pete

Ohhh man!!!

Pete, that knife is soooo beautiful, and I am sooo jealous. I miss carrying a peanut so much, I just may buy one and try the small screw driver in the back spring thing to see if I can lighten the pull. But kudos' to you, as you've done such an outstanding job of "seasoning" that little 'nut with real world carry and use, and obvious loving care.:thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

Carl, former Grand High Muckba, missing my 'nuts!:eek:

Thanks Carl, it's funny how small it seemed 3 years ago now I'm so accustomed to it, I can pretty much use it for anything, the scales have a warmth to them, I'm definitely a little OCD with it, first thing in my pocket when I wake, and last thing to hit the night stand before bed, I know I've said it in the past, but it's my favorite fishing knife, kind of made me step back to when I was a kid using the even smaller Case 6201 fishing.
Here with something you will recognize, one of it's pals you generously sent me, it's so unassuming and handy it's probably in my pocket 5 out of 7 days I'm amazed how handy the Christy is, thanks again

Pete

Reactions: HWF
^^^ Pete that chestnut Peanut has a following here on the Forum. I know I'm always checking it out every time you post new pics! It's been fun to watch it age over time and with use. What a beauty! :thumbup:

Can't resist showing off my baby... :D
63578370-DB1F-491B-9973-F5DB93D80B86_zpsae2aqlqy.jpg

^^^ Pete that chestnut Peanut has a following here on the Forum. I know I'm always checking it out every time you post new pics! It's been fun to watch it age over time and with use. What a beauty! :thumbup:
Thanks
Here's some outdoor nut pictures from when things were not so frosty

Pete

Stitch, that peanut is really good looking. I got one of the Case chestnut Peanuts coming as well.

Today, I gladly opened a package containing this used Camillus 21, bone handle. I really voiced my excitement when I took this one out of the package. Very, very well made... These low light pictures don't do it justice. I hope to get a few daylight pics up somewhere this weekend...

I gotta figure out the pic post thing...
my 1st peanut was my nkca 1991 youth knife, still mint.
I have the single blade schrade "copenhagen", mint.
2 mammoth ivory ones when the big blue roof store
waz raising funds for nkca museum, mint
also a yellow handled kutmaster in really good shape
I traded off the brown synthetic handled one a few years ago,
had used it a bit. Sbj took its place, fits my hand better.
I also have a single blade schrade with a liner lock.
Need to get me one in cv with amber bone handles...

With regards to the previous post, here's an updated family picture. From left to right: Rough Rider amber bone, Camillus amber bone, Kabar delrin/plastic. I hope the Case chestnut one will join this bunch quickly.

Ohhh man!!!

Pete, that knife is soooo beautiful, and I am sooo jealous. I miss carrying a peanut so much, I just may buy one and try the small screw driver in the back spring thing to see if I can lighten the pull. But kudos' to you, as you've done such an outstanding job of "seasoning" that little 'nut with real world carry and use, and obvious loving care.:thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

Carl, former Grand High Muckba, missing my 'nuts!:eek:

What's this? Carl without a 'nut? What's up with that? What are you carrying now Carl?

This one has been with me everyday for a year now. Handles almost everything I need a knife for. Carry a larger single blade along
with it but find I rarely use it.

What's this? Carl without a 'nut? What's up with that? What are you carrying now Carl?

Really! :grumpy:

Obviously, you have been guilty of not reading The Cult memos and keeping abreast of The Cult newsletters. This is a serious matter, for all members to keep up with the day to day running of The Cult. But to answer your question; last April I stepped down from the post of Grand High Muckba, due to my inability to keep handling the mighty legume due to arthritis in my hands. I guess 30 years of cranking on Bridgeport mills, and pulling on Hardinge Lathe handles, did their job on my finger joints. After dropping my peanut repeatedly, and cutting myself twice, I gave it to forum member Dan, AKA Silenthunterstduios. Dan was appointed the new Grand High Muckba by the double secret advisors to the secret innermost circle of The Cult. So I thought it fitting that he has my old damascus peanut that accompanied me on so many adventures.

As to what I am carrying now. Dan gave me a Northwoods stockman that has somehow been modified for very light pulls on the blades so that even a white bearded old ex-Grand High Muckba with fumble finger arthritis can deal with it easily. The is fitting, as I can't deal with child proof caps on prescriptions, and I had to retire my old Cross pen in favor of a nice fat rubber grip Pilot G2 to write with. The old Grand High Muckba rally is getting old, and the office has been given to younger blood. For dress occasions, my carry is the Sardinian Resolza that came through the dark connections of our Sardinian Connection.

However, I will still be on call as an advisor to the New Grand High Muckba, in case of serious emergencies. Although I really can't handle a feisty 'nut anymore, my heart is still, and always will be with The Cult.

Carl, Grand High Muckba, retired and out to pasture.

Last edited:
Really! :grumpy:

Obviously, you have been guilty of not reading The Cult memos and keeping abreast of The Cult newsletters. This is a serious matter, for all members to keep up with the day to day running of The Cult. But to answer your question; last April I stepped down from the post of Grand High Muckba, due to my inability to keep handling the mighty legume due to arthritis in my hands. I guess 30 years of cranking on Bridgeport mills, and pulling on Hardinge Lathe handles, did their job on my finger joints. After dropping my peanut repeatedly, and cutting myself twice, I gave it to forum member Dan, AKA Silenthunterstduios. Dan was appointed the new Grand High Muckba by the double secret advisors to the secret innermost circle of The Cult. So I thought it fitting that he has my old damascus peanut that accompanied me on so many adventures.

As to what I am carrying now. Dan gave me a Northwoods stockman that has somehow been modified for very light pulls on the blades so that even a white bearded old ex-Grand High Muckba with fumble finger arthritis can deal with it easily. The is fitting, as I can't deal with child proof caps on prescriptions, and I had to retire my old Cross pen in favor of a nice fat rubber grip Pilot G2 to write with. The old Grand High Muckba rally is getting old, and the office has been given to younger blood. For dress occasions, my carry is the Sardinian Resolza that came through the dark connections of our Sardinian Connection.

However, I will still be on call as an advisor to the New Grand High Muckba, in case of serious emergencies. Although I really can't handle a feisty 'nut anymore, my heart is still, and always will be with The Cult.

Carl, Grand High Muckba, retired and out to pasture.

I'm really sorry to hear all of this Carl. And You're right, I simply haven't been keeping up with cult memos like I would like. Fact is work keeps getting in the way of my education from much wiser members of this forum. That and a pretty little knife that moved my peanut out of my pocket. I know, I know. Sacrilege. My peanut rests on my bedside table, and it still gets some use. But the new knife is special, as it was given to me by someone dear. How she knew I wanted it is beyond me as I never spoke of it.

In a way you may have contributed a bit with one of your stories I read to her. I even wrote a little story that features my precious little #22 in antique ivory bone. I put it in my blog space. Check it out if you wish. You had an influence.

As for Muckbas, it's good that the torch continues to burn even if it is in younger hands. I'm just glad you were able to lead as long as you did.

Maybe Charlie can commission an EO Granddaddy Peanut for those of us who's hands don't cooperate as well anymore. But then again a stockman is hard to beat too.

I gotta figure out the pic post thing...
my 1st peanut was my nkca 1991 youth knife, still mint.
I have the single blade schrade "copenhagen", mint.
2 mammoth ivory ones when the big blue roof store
waz raising funds for nkca museum, mint
also a yellow handled kutmaster in really good shape
I traded off the brown synthetic handled one a few years ago,
had used it a bit. Sbj took its place, fits my hand better.
I also have a single blade schrade with a liner lock.
Need to get me one in cv with amber bone handles...

As a registered user, the way to post pictures is to upload them to a web hosting service such as photobucket. Then copy the web address of the picture and paste it into your post, wrapped in BBS code like this...

Carl is still the power behind the Grand High Muckba. I have not been in here as much as I should have been. I have been keeping an eye on my groups, trying to convert the one handed wonder users to slipjoints across Facebook. I've also been converting members of my group Slipjoint Addict, to peanuts, a lot of people have joined Cult of the Peanut on Facebook. Jim Todd has gotten me interested in custom peanuts, he has a huge collection. Carl, we need to get together at the Hagerstown show this April, or at least at Bills shop, it seems like they're doing something every month now up there.

Darth Vanadium
Grand High Muckba in absentia, spreading the gospel of the Peanut across the cosmos

I found that group when i thought i should make one there..so to my surprise there was one already. Lots of custom nuts there though.

Back