Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

That's right, there is a (as of today 35 page) dedication to the little peanut.
Why should they get all the glory? why should they get all the dedication?

Where is the glory for those who have bigger hands and still like a sleek, sexy, serpentine jack knife? Where is the glory in the perfection that is the texas jack's pen blade? Where is the glory for those who prefer a knife where strangers don't ask if "that's your girlfriends knife"? :D

That day has come and it is glorious!!

Come and rejoice in The cult of the texas jack!!

I need the Texas Jack in chestnut bone CV. Until that happens I won't be putting my money down.:D

Not to put your knife down in anyway but I thought a Texas Jack was the same two blade knife with one at each end of the handle that Case called a Moose.

I need the Texas Jack in chestnut bone CV. Until that happens I won't be putting my money down.:D

well, poo! but yeah the case chestnut bone is purty!

Not to put your knife down in anyway but I thought a Texas Jack was the same two blade knife with one at each end of the handle that Case called a Moose.

To my knowledge this is the texas jack, there are even 2 sizes, mine is about 3 1/2" and i believe there is a 4" version out there. but what your describing sounds (TO ME) like either a moose or muskrat pattern *shrugs*

Moose was a name invented by Case. Texas Jack was a name used by other cutlery companies. Muskrats normally have very narrow identical skinning blades. There are no hard fast rules to this because a cutlery company could call their models anything they wanted. "shrugs" Levine calls your pattern a "Premium Jack."

There seems to be so many names to call these knives. I've taken to calling my knives what my pap would have called them. These are some small jacks I have. A main blade and a pen from the same end.

And I really enjoy our new advertisers!

I really dig the Texas Jack! :thumbup: Here's a pic of a few of my most favourite traditionals, and the TJ holds its own in some pretty darn fine company, imo...

bestfav01_zps405b2250.jpg

texasjack01.jpg

Case Small Texas Jack CV in amber jigged bone

-Brett

love my STJ. Wish they still made the large version and offered more scale options.

That's right, there is a (as of today 35 page) dedication to the little peanut.
Why should they get all the glory? why should they get all the dedication?

Because it's always the underdog that gets the glory. Especially when they succeed.

If Charles Lindbergh had crossed the ocean in a Ford trimotor and a crew of three or four, instead of a little single engine plane, would he have gained the fame?

If Dr. Hans Linderman had used a 30 foot sailboat instead of a his folding kayak to cross the Atlantic, would he have set a record?

If Robert Manry had used a yacht instead of his 13 foot Tinkerbell to cross the Atlantic, would anyone have paid attention?

The peanut is the little knife that does. It impresses by doing, in spite of people looking at the small size and thinking it can't. So they get the glory, and very often from people who have given it a shot, and been impressed by it actually working.

The Cult will not be undermined!
:D:D

Carl, Grand High Muckba Of The Cult.

Hey, I can belong to this too, as I have this Case:

casetexasjack.jpg

And a Winchester (Queen made) "Texas Jack", aka "moose" with large clip and large spear on opposite ends is on its way :D

I really dig the Texas Jack! :thumbup: Here's a pic of a few of my most favourite traditionals, and the TJ holds its own in some pretty darn fine company, imo...

bestfav01_zps405b2250.jpg

texasjack01.jpg

Case Small Texas Jack CV in amber jigged bone

-Brett

Beautiful Coffin Jack you have there!

Because it's always the underdog that gets the glory. Especially when they succeed.

If Charles Lindbergh had crossed the ocean in a Ford trimotor and a crew of three or four, instead of a little single engine plane, would he have gained the fame?

If Dr. Hans Linderman had used a 30 foot sailboat instead of a his folding kayak to cross the Atlantic, would he have set a record?

If Robert Manry had used a yacht instead of his 13 foot Tinkerbell to cross the Atlantic, would anyone have paid attention?

The peanut is the little knife that does. It impresses by doing, in spite of people looking at the small size and thinking it can't. So they get the glory, and very often from people who have given it a shot, and been impressed by it actually working.

I suspect sabotage!!
someone keep an eye on that Grand High Muckba...he is all shifty-eyed and suspicious nosing around here :D

The Texas jack: clip and pen, arising from SAME end. Serpentine frame. Squared bolsters. If it does not have ALL 3 of these attributes it is not a Texas jack. And I am seeing some NICE ones here!

Great post Carl :thumbup: Glad to see you fighting back, with all the stick you've been getting recently! :D

Much as I like the Peanut, I have to say that I prefer the slightly bigger size of the Texas Jack, it fits my hands better. I think the Texas Jack is a great knife, and I often feel guilty about not carrying it more frequently. Unfortunately, only a few months after getting a TJ, I got a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack, which kind of kicked the TJ out of my pocket :eek:

Back