Cult of the Texas Jack; why should the peaNUTS get all the glory

12376139_10206781025197760_4894248819926985017_n_1.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1467444295000.jpg

That box does indeed say Texas Jack. Never seen that name used for that knife before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That box does indeed say Texas Jack. Never seen that name used for that knife before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife got it at our Local Mom n Pop Hardware Store who an authorized Case Dealer for my 50th Birthday.

The boxes for the 22087 have been labeled Texas Jack for a while now. Could have been a mistake when they first set up the barcode label template that has never been corrected. Or maybe it's intentional, I don't know.

You can tell the Texas from the Medium Jacks despite any mistakes/"updates" in boxing or labeling because Texas Jacks have square bolsters. That's one of the defining features of the pattern.

Myself, I prefer rounded bolsters, so I'm more of a Medium Jack fan. Love yours, deltaboy!:thumbup: I have the same in Olive Bone.

You can tell the Texas from the Medium Jacks despite any mistakes/"updates" in boxing or labeling because Texas Jacks have square bolsters. That's one of the defining features of the pattern.

Myself, I prefer rounded bolsters, so I'm more of a Medium Jack fan. Love yours, deltaboy!:thumbup: I have the same in Olive Bone.

Thanks sometimes Case is like Schrade Walden and confuses the devil out of you.

This one went with me for a few years before I lost it. I have gotten a new one since I missed it. I like the pattern it is a good size for EDC in an office and consultant environment. It did help me prepare my meals at hotel rooms more than a few times.

EDC 8 may 2012 by Jonas Evertsson, on Flickr

My 50th birthday one been hard to keep out of my pocket . It getting some pocket time this summer.

That black Case jack with the round bolsters is one good-looking pocket knife, deltaboy! :thumbup:
(I like that metal-handled Producers Grain knife, too. :cool:)

It a great knife
KINDLE_CAMERA_1467367320000.jpg

My 4th of July line up.
Fantastic four for the Fourth! :thumbup:

The boxes for the 22087 have been labeled Texas Jack for a while now. Could have been a mistake when they first set up the barcode label template that has never been corrected. Or maybe it's intentional, I don't know.

This whole "controversy" about the medium jack having a box labelled "Texas Jack" is interesting. I agree with RobbW's post that a "classic" small Texas Jack has square bolsters (and a "beefy" pen blade). FWIW, I also agree with his preference for round bolsters. ;)

I love my jacks!

FelineGirl has the obvious knife knut solution to the controversy: get one of each! :D:thumbup:
Those are beauties, Alex! :cool:
(Sounds like ∂boy plans to do the same thing; hope you find a "genuine" Texas Jack soon, sir! :thumbup:)

- GT

My favorite Stockman is the 087 pattern, looking forward to getting a jack in the same pattern.

FelineGirl has the obvious knife knut solution to the controversy: get one of each! :D:thumbup:
Those are beauties, Alex! :cool:
(Sounds like ∂boy plans to do the same thing; hope you find a "genuine" Texas Jack soon, sir! :thumbup:)

- GT

Thanks, GT! I have definitely become a knife knut! I really love that Medium Jack, which does in fact say Texas Jack on the box. I've been carrying that Medium Jack a lot lately. It's a great size in the pocket and has a bit more handle on it than my beloved Peanuts. I'm enjoying that extra handle length quite a bit. And, I'm rather liking the stainless as ground blades. I wish I had more as ground blades! I love cv, but it's kind of nice not having to worry about the stainless blades! The Medium Jack is a good value knife. It's pretty, and it's a Case! I recommend it!

Back