Cumming Bladeworks USA

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I have designed a line of knives to be made under the name Cumming Bladeworks USA. These are not Fiddleback knives at all. I will not be making the knives, but they will be made here by the apprentices on staff. We are working on branding and marks right now. These knives will not be recognizable as Fiddleback Forge knives. So far there are 8 designs ranging from an Altoids tin sized knife up to a big hunting knife and a filet knife. We won't be selling them here at the forum. They will be sold by dealers. We will be posting pics on Instagram and under Cumming Bladeworks USA.

2v2u5nNf5xurAoi.jpg

2v2u5nNBrxurAoi.jpg

2v2u5nNt8xurAoi.jpg

2v2u5nNcoxurAoi.jpg

Maybe to advanced to answer this, but what are some of the steel considerations for this line and will there be some similar options as far is SFT and TT?

Maybe to advanced to answer this, but what are some of the steel considerations for this line and will there be some similar options as far is SFT and TT?

I imagine something along the production line is what will be executed. A high quality stainless knife that has Andy's design elements and the straightforwardness of the production models, i.e. no fancy handle configurations, exotic handle materials, no TT, ect. I can see these being thinner and high quality, although not a "super steel", thus you should be able to buy at least 5-10 of the models you like to keep in each of your backpacks, glove box and readily give as gifts. Very exciting!

.040"! Be still my heart!

Will CBW have its own Instagram page? #importantquestions

There will not be tapered tangs, liners, bullseye tubes or crazy pinouts. The knives are going to be made from AEB-L steel. The idea is to try to hit a much lower price point. The designs themselves by their nature will be efficient to make. Kyle noticed a huge difference right away. I learned this from the Pygmy and that set of knives and have expanded the idea in these designs. The amount of thicknesses available with AEB-L is exciting. We can go down to .040 and will make some kitchen designs soon and the filet knife jumped out of me when I saw this. But even more exciting to me is the .098 and .118" thicknesses. Just shy of 1/8" thick. I like that for bushcraft a lot.

FYI, we plan to change nothing about what we are doing per week in Fiddleback Forge, and appreciate y'alls support. (Well, one thing will change. We're going to use that .040 stuff to make some Padre's.)

will any of these come with saw teeth on the spine, partial serrations. also with built in brass knuckles and a spiked pommel? Basically a ninja model.

I couldn't figure out why I was following this already on Instagram

Great idea! AEB-L is a great steel, and I think having a third price point makes good sense. Is the production line going to shrivel on the vine as a result, though?

I agree, Aeb-L is a great well balanced steel. Takes a razors edge easily. I think this line is going to be very successful.

Back