Cumming Bladeworks USA

The production line is not dead, but I am not investing more in it yet.

I'm quite fond of my Custom Shop handled Duke and Kephart. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, we'll continue to still see some of these types of knives being mixed in for upcoming/future Fiddleback Friday sales?

There will not be tapered tangs, liners, bullseye tubes or crazy pinouts. The knives are going to be made from AEB-L steel. The idea is to try to hit a much lower price point. The designs themselves by their nature will be efficient to make. Kyle noticed a huge difference right away. I learned this from the Pygmy and that set of knives and have expanded the idea in these designs. The amount of thicknesses available with AEB-L is exciting. We can go down to .040 and will make some kitchen designs soon and the filet knife jumped out of me when I saw this. But even more exciting to me is the .098 and .118" thicknesses. Just shy of 1/8" thick. I like that for bushcraft a lot.

FYI, we plan to change nothing about what we are doing per week in Fiddleback Forge, and appreciate y'alls support. (Well, one thing will change. We're going to use that .040 stuff to make some Padre's.)

NOW YER TALKIN!!

AEB-L is an excellent choice. Easy to grind, easy to sharpen (also easy to scratch unfortunately), takes a keen edge, tough as nails. It has been described as a stain resistant 52100. It is also currently the most well represented steel in my collection.

FYI, I made a Christmas call for Fiddleback Santokumuks in AEB-L back in 2015 :D

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...015-fiddleback-edition.1337430/#post-15362074

dec106_1333-vi.jpg

Adam Grey was telling the same thing about AEB-L. It's basically a stainless 52100 with a fine carbide. It doesn't eat belts like some other stainless steels. He was talking great things about it.

This is a good idea, I really liked the the Trailmaster outline, and in a good stainless steel too. I hope it does well.

I'm quite fond of my Custom Shop handled Duke and Kephart. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, we'll continue to still see some of these types of knives being mixed in for upcoming/future Fiddleback Friday sales?

We will still be making these. We still have a good bit in stock.

FYI, I made a Christmas call for Fiddleback Santokumuks in AEB-L back in 2015 :D

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...015-fiddleback-edition.1337430/#post-15362074

dec106_1333-vi.jpg

PT, you are a man foresighted. And I will be making some super thin muks too.

will any of these come with saw teeth on the spine, partial serrations...

LOL, I doubt anything saw-toothed or serrated ever coming out of that shop, but looking at the model names line up being very much sportsman with a wee bit of emphasis on fishing, which I think is awesome, there could be a niche for a dedicated bait knife :)

[QUOTE="Fiddleback, And I will be making some super thin muks too.[/QUOTE]

Nice!! :thumbsup:

AEB-L would be great for my lady who doesn't want to bother with with maintainance

For anyone who is interested (that would be everyone), there are some pics of the new knives on IG.

I assume they’ll be showing up here before too long as well.

Looking good!

Back