Cumming Bladeworks USA

I love my Fiddlebacks and there are plenty on my wish list, but there’s definitely something to be said for a straight-up work knife. REALLY liking these!

I really like the simplicity and clean lines of this knife. The blade lines look very practical. The bottom shape of the handle is very open and maneuverable looking. The pommel end of the handle looks very comfortable too. On a critical note, the guard is very pointy looking. I like hollow pins a lot, but please check the ID’s for epoxy overflow like the middle tube on this knife.

I think this line of knives will be a big hit with a lot of buyers old and new. Congratulations on the new line! :thumbsup:

Phil

hot off the grinder
2v2uMmC5dxurAoi.jpg

I really like the simplicity and clean lines of this knife. The blade lines look very practical. The bottom shape of the handle is very open and maneuverable looking. The pommel end of the handle looks very comfortable too. On a critical note, the guard is very pointy looking. I like hollow pins a lot, but please check the ID’s for epoxy overflow like the middle tube on this knife.

I think this line of knives will be a big hit with a lot of buyers old and new. Congratulations on the new line! :thumbsup:

Phil
I think that’s just sunlight reflecting off a section of the inside of the tube? - if I understood your comment correctly.

Justin handled them at the shop Friday and took one kyaking yesterday. He posted some pics at facebook.

These knives are really awesome and I think everyone will love to have several on hand. the AEB-L stock will also provide some new geometry not previously offered by any of Andy's designs. I'm a little partial and these 3 are my favorites thus far. Unfortunately, the temp on the water was in the mid 30's and there was a stiff breeze most of the day, so there was no opportunity to get any work in on a trout or need to start a fire, but they will cut the shit out of some fishing line. Will switch gears this weekend with a hike to give a better performance update. All I can say is that these designs are immensely comfortable in hand and by nature of the profiles and geometry excel in many of the tasks you will want them to perform.

CBW 1.jpg CBW 2.jpg CBW 3.jpg IMG_1521.JPG

I’m going to buy one and do a wrap on it. That will make it perfect. I still think Andy should do a passaround for us the hold each one to see what we like before we buy. However you can send me yours with my axe. I’m laid up for a few months after this surgery and have plenty of time.

Last edited:
I’m going to buy one and do a wrap on it. That will make it permanent. I still think Andy should do a passaround for us the hold each one to see what we like before we buy. However you can send me yours with my axe. I’m laid up for a few months after this surgery and have plenty of time.

Bob, which appendage did you cut off this time...

Had Achilles surgery. There was a 1/4” bone chip behind it and they had to go thru it to get it out. Then screw part of the Achilles back down to the bone. I’m just now getting the pain because the did a nerve block on my leg and it’s starting to wear off. You can send me my axe toady so I can hold it in bed.

These knives are really awesome and I think everyone will love to have several on hand. the AEB-L stock will also provide some new geometry not previously offered by any of Andy's designs. I'm a little partial and these 3 are my favorites thus far. Unfortunately, the temp on the water was in the mid 30's and there was a stiff breeze most of the day, so there was no opportunity to get any work in on a trout or need to start a fire, but they will cut the shit out of some fishing line. Will switch gears this weekend with a hike to give a better performance update. All I can say is that these designs are immensely comfortable in hand and by nature of the profiles and geometry excel in many of the tasks you will want them to perform.

View attachment 823340 View attachment 823341 View attachment 823342 View attachment 823344

Is the black micarta one a Trailmaster Justen?

Are the corners of the guard as sharp as they look?

I was going to mention this with a more thorough review of the knife, but this particular one has a little less "refinement" around the guard and spine of the knife than what you would find in a typical Fiddleback, which is one purpose of this line to create value. Really no big deal around the guard after carrying the knife the past few days doing mostly mundane tasks and for those who like to use their knife as a scraper the squared spine should be great for just that purpose. I'll be finding out soon enough if the guard does or does not create any hotspots and report accordingly.

Is the black micarta one a Trailmaster Justen?

That's correct Brian, this one is a Trailmaster.

Back