Cumming Bladeworks USA

I was going to mention this with a more thorough review of the knife, but this particular one has a little less "refinement" around the guard and spine of the knife than what you would find in a typical Fiddleback, which is one purpose of this line to create value. Really no big deal around the guard after carrying the knife the past few days doing mostly mundane tasks and for those who like to use their knife as a scraper the squared spine should be great for just that purpose. I'll be finding out soon enough if the guard does or does not create any hotspots and report accordingly.

That's correct Brian, this one is a Trailmaster.

Thanks Justen, I thought so. The book I am writing has me digging back into the 70s and life on the bay and the gulf. So I am planning a trip down to the coast later in the year for more research. I've never really dug a squared spine for throwing sparks all that much unless on a short-ish blade. But I was just cleaning some fish and crab using a Buck 102 like I carried back then...maybe method writing I suppose, and I was remembering I prefered the squared fine for scaling some smaller fish and preserving my edge for cutting. I also like the swedged fine-tipped clipped point for detail work like with crabs. One reason I love the swedged Lonestar so much is from those days. I would love something the size of a Trailmaster in the AEB-L or even the Nitro V with a swedge clipped point like the clipped Dukes or a swedged F2 with a 1/8 or 5/32 stock, for experiments in the gulf this summer or autumn.

Had Achilles surgery. There was a 1/4” bone chip behind it and they had to go thru it to get it out. Then screw part of the Achilles back down to the bone. I’m just now getting the pain because the did a nerve block on my leg and it’s starting to wear off. You can send me my axe toady so I can hold it in bed.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Bmurray Bmurray

Brian, we're going to mail you some prototypes. I'll need them back to do passarounds, so if possible, get us some pics asap!
Would love to see a few of these in person myself!! I see a few models that will most likely be coming my way when available!

Brian, we're going to mail you some prototypes. I'll need them back to do passarounds, so if possible, get us some pics asap!

Okay cool. I'm glad they're coming after this week of deep freeze stuff that's happening currently :)

Okay, So we gots:
cbw.png

Huntmaster, Something, Bushmaster, Unnamed, Booger.

Am I close?

(Could you please tell us the pattern names? Sorry if I've missed this. Thx!)

~ P.

2v2u5nNt8xurAoi.jpg

2v2u5nNBrxurAoi.jpg

The Necker & the one below is the Snow Pea...im not sure the other 2 have been named
2v2u5nNf5xurAoi.jpg

I hope these will be hitting dealers soon. I'd like to take the Trailmaster on a winter camping trip coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks Justen, I thought so. The book I am writing has me digging back into the 70s and life on the bay and the gulf. So I am planning a trip down to the coast later in the year for more research. I've never really dug a squared spine for throwing sparks all that much unless on a short-ish blade. But I was just cleaning some fish and crab using a Buck 102 like I carried back then...maybe method writing I suppose, and I was remembering I prefered the squared fine for scaling some smaller fish and preserving my edge for cutting. I also like the swedged fine-tipped clipped point for detail work like with crabs. One reason I love the swedged Lonestar so much is from those days. I would love something the size of a Trailmaster in the AEB-L or even the Nitro V with a swedge clipped point like the clipped Dukes or a swedged F2 with a 1/8 or 5/32 stock, for experiments in the gulf this summer or autumn.

Oooh a Nitro V clipped Duke would be amazing.

I think the Trailmaster and the the unnamed knife (between CBW and the Necker) will be my first to try.

I feel like one of the small ones needs to be called the Pocket Master... Just to fit in with the theme.

Back