Current collection...

barcbsa

Gold Member
I'm a big fan of Barry Wood (and Mike Irie) knives... here's my current collection...

The top left knife is an Irie damascus prototype linerlock.
The other 6 on the left are made by Mike too. They are all MODEL B (same as Mk.2).
The 11 on the right are made by Barry. Top to bottom: Mk.1, Mk.1, Mk.1 1/2, Mk.2 Aluminum, Model B, Mk.3 Interframe, Mk.3 Special, Mk.6, Mk.7, Mk.8, Mk.8

WOODIRIECOLLECTION-2000_zpsbcdcce48.jpg

The 1st one is a Barry's Model A, the next 4 are also made by Barry, the other 4 made by Mike. These are the MK.10.
WoodIrie111713-2_zpsbc467980.jpg

And here's the rest of my collection... top left to bottom right...
Sawby, Sawby, Michael Raymond (2X), Kansei, Thorburn, Turnbull, Bernard, Marker, Herbst, Sanders, Ponder, and 2 from Thailand

Knives10913_zps806ddd80.jpg

AND... here are my "users"...Left to right...

Three Sisters Forge, Mike Irie, Arno Bernard, Benchmade 930, 960, 960, old Benchmade, Benchmade 705, Sebenza, Sebenza, Wayne Childress, Gerber "Paul".

Users111713-2_zpsf84c60fd.jpg

Last edited:
Jaw-dropping. I have one, a Pacific Cutlery with the metal handles. Amazing that you have been able to find and congregate so many of those into a focused collection. Outstanding. :thumbup:

Not sure exactly how to explain why I find your collection so interesting. But, I think it's because I see so much character in each of those knives. I love the variety of scales and blade profiles. Often times our knives reflect our personality; if that's true of your collection, then I'd have to surmise that you're a stylish blade-slinger, who appreciates the work of craftsmen. Superb collection my friend.:thumbup:

A wonderful collection! I too love BW's knives. You have some beauties there. Thanks for sharing:thumbup::)

A few more added to the collection... updated the first pic.

Two more Barry Wood folders came today... a Mk.6 and another Mk.8.

Favorite EDC??? None of the Wood folders, that's for sure...
I've been using a Arno Bernard button lock folder (third picture, bottom left) for the past 2 months or so. That's my favorite. Before I got that, I carried one of the two Sebenzas.
For dress, I carry a Wood/Irie Mk.10.

Not my style. Until I saw these pics. I'm going to need an Mk 3 and Mk 8, those just call to me. Nice collection!

Added another Barry Wood in the first picture and another Sawby in the third picture...

Got a few more...

WOODIRIE1914_zpsd8f32439.jpg

And some of my other folders...

KNIVES1914_zpseaf9f4b0.jpg

Last edited:
Back