Current collection...

Spectacular! I will definitely stop by and say hi at Blade.:)

Wow, I thought it was great when I found 1 PCC MK10, sadly It's been 10 years I needed money long ago and had to get rid of it. I always thought that was the coolest knife and a great design for a secure folder. I had kept it in a velvet slipcase and was really bummed to have to get rid of it. Thanks for sharin' your collection, it put a smile on my face and hope in my heart that is you haven't bought them all, there's still some out there. :)

The one I had was the investment cast PCC one with the drop point blade, on the inside it had the name Wood/Irie IIRC if you don't mind me askin' what was the relationship between the two and how their knives differ? I see you have some that are Irie while the bulk of them are Woods. Were the PCC ones the only version they both had their names on?

This knife always fascinated me and I was so sorry I sold mine, (worse case of sellers remorse I ever had ;) ) I've seen Chinese versions of the Wood handled MK1 at shows but I could never bring myself to get one. Again to echo Steven, "Spectacular" and thanks for sharin', now I'm subscribed to the thread and I can come back to visit.:)

Mike Irie married Barry's daughter, Sicily. He then learned how to make knives and became Barry's business partner. Twenty of the knives I have in the previous picture were made while they were partners. They have the Wood/Irie logo and are signed inside "mi". Mike and Sicily ended up getting divorced (update: they remarried) and that ended his knifemaking partnership with Barry. Mike still makes knives (great ones!!!) and I've seen him at The Blade Show the past two years. Barry passed away almost 3 years ago.

The PCC ones were first made in 1987 and were sold by A.G. Russell (and perhaps by others), original price was just under $30. There were three "generations", the difference being the blade grinding equipment used (3rd version also had a swedge). When PCC went under, the unassmbled parts for these went back to Barry. That's about the time Mike came on board. They assembled them into completed knives and marked them with the Wood/Irie logo (but still had PCC cast into the handle plates). The blades are made from 440c. Years ago I bought 20 of the last version of blades made by PCC (don't ask my why!!!).

Last edited:
Thanks for the history, sorry to hear about Barry, makes me want one even more. At least I had it for a while something many will never say. :)

Didn't he licence Benchmark or Gerber at some point in the 80s to make a version?

Just got this one... it's a Mk.5 (Sgian Dubh) with wood Micarta handle. I've been collecting his knives since 1980 and have only seen one other Mk.5 in all that time. This will be #70 in my collection (not counting the two PCC made models).

Mk.5-2_zpsmlvuomvo.jpg

MK.5-1_zpsfvy5oncs.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Too many to post. Currently 156 in the collection.
Come to Blade Show in Atlanta in ‘22 and you can see them all.
I see them every year, just can't wait for this year. . the Barry Bob knife was quite the score!

Back