• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Current Ebay Flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it's the dealer statement... if he's calling himself a dealer, he should be required to have a dealer membership

Yes, that was the point. The ad has since been edited and the statement removed. Price increased as well.

I don't have a problem with somebody buying low and selling high, I fully believe the free market will take care of itself. But if your going to copy pictures, and cut and paste text, then at least make sure you have permission and that the text is accurate. When the errors are misleading in the sellers favor... one tends to question the sellers motives and it just looks a little shady.

What is the significance of that ad to this thread? I presume there is something, but it isn't apparent from just reading the ad.

That is the eBay add that @MP95B20 had for a knife and as it says in bold- claims to be an authorized GEC dealer.

But I’m sure that just another one of his “honest” mistakes.

Flipped knives might cost more, but word can spread anywhere for free.

Last edited:
mKgu9nw.png

tsxBKNN.png

NcaAcwc.png

If you have a problem with me, please address it to me, you don't have to go back to the lower 40 and whisper about it, be men next time, Mac
~ 30 knives currently listed. 42 positive feedback in the last month (plus however many transactions where no feedback was left); I can only assume most, if not all, are knives from the feedback I could read. Looks like a dealer to me. I am not sure where the line is between a flipper and a dealer, but Ignore List for me.

Last edited:
I was wondering what this guy was doing with all of the knives he has been buying...should have known. It has been ticking me off because he has bought almost every knife that I was interested in (heck almost EVERY GEC period) as soon as they hit the exchange. I realize it is first come, first served for the most part but it has gotten really obvious that he is a HIGH volume flipper.

I guess even with a dealer membership there is really no hard and fast rule against him buying every knife that a seller is willing to sell to him :(

He is not the only flipper, I have seen quite a few sellers with well over 100 feedback (and feedback is left about 10-15% of the time in my experience) so there is really no way to tell how many they have sold in total but he has been the only noticeable buyer that I can remember.

Last edited:
I was wondering what this guy was doing with all of the knives he has been buying...should have known. It has been ticking me off because he has bought almost every knife that I was interested in (heck almost EVERY GEC period) as soon as they hit the exchange. I realize it is first come, first served for the most part but it has gotten really obvious that he is a HIGH volume flipper.

I guess even with a dealer membership there is really no hard and fast rule against him buying every knife that a seller is willing to sell to him :(

I feel you.. trust me. I’m still raw from the ivory bone beer scout!
I’m hopeful people will block him. I know I’ve sold to him before but that was before I knew what was going down.

~ 30 knives currently listed. 42 positive feedback in the last month (plus however many transactions where no feedback was left); I can only assume most, if not all, are knives from the feedback I could read. Looks like a dealer to me. I am not sure where the line is between a flipper and a dealer, but Ignore List for me.

Dealer memberships are required for those who have a business selling items and who sell those same types of items on BF. There is no requirement for dealer membership aside from that.

Hey @MP95B20 - more lies? You bought this cranberry TC as used and listed as new.
Shameful.
Go find a new hobby.

HzSx79t.png

XFEku6k.png

Hu593lq.png

AMEsbAh.png

Hey @MP95B20 - more lies? You bought this cranberry TC as used and listed as new.
Shameful.
Go find a new hobby.

HzSx79t.png

XFEku6k.png

Hu593lq.png

AMEsbAh.png

Although perhaps not against the rules of Bladeforums, there is a certain spirit of the exchange that is being broken here. Members offer up knives to other members at a less inflated price (than eBay) as they believe the knife is going to somebody who sees the knife as more than a way to make a fast buck. The quickness at which this guy’s purchases from this exchange show up on eBay suggests he is playing the system for his own gain.

Although perhaps not against the rules of Bladeforums, there is a certain spirit of the exchange that is being broken here. Members offer up knives to other members at a less inflated price (than eBay) as they believe the knife is going to somebody who sees the knife as more than a way to make a fast buck. The quickness at which this guy’s purchases from this exchange show up on eBay suggests he is playing the system for his own gain.
I agree.
And having a misleading description. How many times can he list a used knife as new by “accident”?

...and my comments are not meant to disparage eBay or even some flippers. Would love to be able to purchase knives directly from the manufacturer or authorized dealers but the way the knife industry releases knives it is generally not worth MY TIME to hang by my computer fighting over a "drop" or even hope that my "I'll take it" here on the exchange will be successful. I've read too many times about disappointed folks who have taken time off work to wait for a knife release. Instead, I'll go to work, get paid, save my vacation, and I'll pay a certain percentage over retail to have the flipper do the boring work. I come out ahead every time. Just know the market and know beforehand what you are willing to pay.

Wow, I was on the fence still until he was listing used as new on eBay. Everything else is somewhat debatable but that is an outright lie.
Looks like I have to check any ebay listings that I'm following

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back