Current Gossman Models?

I’ve been looking at the Gossman store and it seems like there are a number of models that were being made in the past that have been replaced with others, and some similar models have been modified over time. Just wondered if I was speculating correctly on the following:

-Kephart model has been replaced with Deer Creek
-Puukko has been replaced with Polaris
-Big Boar Tuskers are generally wider stock and blade height than Tuskers.
-BBT 2.0 refers to the 10” Big Boar Tusker model.

Am I on the right track?

I’ve been looking at the Gossman store and it seems like there are a number of models that were being made in the past that have been replaced with others, and some similar models have been modified over time. Just wondered if I was speculating correctly on the following:

-Kephart model has been replaced with Deer Creek
-Puukko has been replaced with Polaris
-Big Boar Tuskers are generally wider stock and blade height than Tuskers.
-BBT 2.0 refers to the 10” Big Boar Tusker model.

Am I on the right track?
All those models you have mentioned are still currently made. I make the BBT's in 3 widths. 1 3/4", 2" and 2 1/2". Some designs have various versions/sizes and have be modified somewhat over the years.
Scott

Calling G Gossman Knives ! Scott has recently introduced a couple of new models, the large and smaller versions of the Kubo, but he'll have to chime in as far as models being replaced. The Kubo looks spectacular.
https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/new-chopper-design.204113/
Thank you for that link! Awesome to read about those. I noticed them at Scott’s site... very tempted, but I already bought 4 Gossmans in the past week or so. :p I sense a Kubo in my future is inevitable, however. Would love one in S7 or 3V.

All those models you have mentioned are still currently made. I make the BBT's in 3 widths. 1 3/4", 2" and 2 1/2". Some designs have various versions/sizes and have be modified somewhat over the years.
Scott

Awesome to hear the puukkos and Kepharts are still being made! I based my assumption on neither of those models being currently available, which I realize is flimsy reasoning by itself, but also because the Deer Creek and Polaris seemed similar in profile to those classic patterns. I would love to read about the genesis of the Deer Creek and Polaris much as I did the Kubo with the link Creaky Bones posted.

Is there a source of information that lists all the Gossman models and info about them? I realize that some of this info will be loose, as like you said, there are various versions of some models and they have been modified somewhat over the years. Would be very cool to have some info like this, however. :cool:

I don't have anything written up about the history of my designs. Most were just me grabbing a piece of steel and start grinding a new profile. Some were designs by others or collaboration with others. The Deer Creek was part of a Blade Forums project/contest in 2010 where a group of makers made their version of a bushcraft knife that several other members tested and reviewed. There is a thread on BF about it. The name Deer Creek came from a creek that runs through the county I live in and is near an a set of woods I use to hunt. The Polaris and Bolo are Kevin Estela designs. He is a moderator in the survival forum here but spends more time on Facebook and Instagram then the forums. He can be found on Facebook, Estela wilderness education.
Scott

Hey Scott, will you make one of these any time soon?
JbSxkDw.jpg

10” in S7, 3V, or 4V, with or without guard, any handle material. I’d sell my nose for one.

Last edited:
I make the Tusker Bowie every now and then.
Scott
Dang, I’ve got to keep an eye out for that!

No offense but I'd pick the knife before I'd pick your nose.

Women always say I've got a way with words. I say words and they tell me to get away. No respect.
:p You’re killing me bud. Maybe if I can get my hands on one of those babies I’ll bring it to the Alamo to visit! That would definitely be a photo op too awesome to pass up!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back