Current military, EMS, Firefighters and Law enforcement what are you or did you carr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current (90s -present day) military ems firefighters and Law enforcement what are you or did you carry for knives.

Lately I see a lot of debate about what tactical knives should be. There seems to be some real opinionated so called experts around here. I for one want to here from guys with opinions that matter military and Law enforcement. Lets face it you guys and gals know better than anyone what works and what does not.

Last edited:
Gotta love a thread that has an antagonistic tone that also shows that the OP didn't bother doing a search for all of the OTHER threads on this exact topic we've had. Bravo! :barf:

Gotta love a thread that has an antagonistic tone that also shows that the OP didn't bother doing a search for all of the OTHER threads on this exact topic we've had. Bravo! :barf:

I did search for military and law enforcement and came up with 0 posts like this one for 4 pages of posts so how far back should I go?

I carried a Sheffield folder in the style of the buck 110 . and a bayonet . you will find that the knives carried will be varied . and they will be personal choices depending on their MO .

I did search for military and law enforcement and came up with 0 posts like this one for 4 pages of posts so how far back should I go?

I found several threads discussing knives that soldiers would use. However, since I'm in an expansive mood, I'll help you out. Spoiler alert: the knife most used by military personnel?

The multi-tool (usually a Gerber one).

That said, posting up threads which essentially serve to try to call other people out for having opinions that don't match yours tend not to end well here. I realize you don't participate on this Forum very much, and so you may not know that. Therefore, I figured I'd clue you in before a few of our more rambunctious members set you straight in a more...direct way.

Have a good one.

My family operates a gun and bow shop. I deal with law enforcement all the time and personel from Great Lakes Naval base. What I usaly see is benchmade, spyderco, and cold steel. I'm just curious what the knife nuts in the military and law enforcement use. I have no judgment or opinion. I gave a friend of mine an Emerson when he was on deployment.

Courant (90s -present day) military and Law enforcement what are you or did you carry for knives.

Lately I see a lot of debate about what tactical knives should be. There seems to be some real opinionated so called experts around here. I for one want to here from guys with opinions that matter military and Law enforcement. Lets face it you guys and gals know better than anyone what works and what does not.

That would be Current not Courant,

When I was in the military I carried a Kershaw when Kershaw was a higher end knife and Gerber multitool. Now that I'm in law enforcement I started with another Kershaw, a lower end one, and a Leatherman pocketknife thing with a flip out screwdriver with some bits. Then I upgraded to Benchmade, found out the one I had sucked, figured it was was a fluke, bought another one for myself, one for my dad, and one for wife at the same time. I found they all sucked, started researching the hell out of why my knives sucked when the Kershaws and even the crappy Leatherman knife was better, found the hype about ZT, bought about six over a decent amount of time. of those I ended up keeping two because the other four sucked. During that time i tried a very well known midtech maker that markets to military and law enforcement and found certain things that are absolutely unsafe for a first responder type knife.

Now for the good part. The two ZTs I kept are outstanding but didn't like the odds, 2 good, 4 bad. I tried some small batch handmade type knives, found out that, IMO, they're not worth what I had to pay for them. I figured that I'd give spyderco a shot even though I thought they were kind of ugly. I figured why not, I'd tried everything else. I found out they are very, very well done, very well thought out, very functional, and very comfortable, at least every one I've had. So in my journey, I found, for my work, I liked the older Kershaws, at least a couple ZTs, none of the benchmades, and Spyderco. The midtechs are questionable and small batch "handmade" knives could very well be outstanding of you're willing to drop the coin.

Last edited:
Thank you, understood. My cutting implements were scalpels and trauma sheers...no knives per se.

Even more impressive truly thank you again dejard. Thanks to all military and law enforcement.

Quite you done yet. I did not call anyone out by name or post. So can we stick to the topic and skip your witty banter.

Last edited:
That would be Current not Courant,

Could be au courant.....of course I'm not one of those so-called experts. Though I might be one of those rambunctious members. I doubt it though.

The overwhelming cutting implement that current and former military said they use: multitool.

Quite you done yet. I did not call anyone out by name or post. So can we stick to the topic and skip your witty banter.

No, you just called everyone out.

The biggest "knife" mistake you are making is assuming that military or law enforcement means that you know about knives and makes one a "real" expert. It doesn't.

In a world torn by petty arguments and steel snobbery, knife nuts argue about their knife's fit and finish, and talk about how sucky the other guy's steel is.

One OP tries to make a difference in this world of warring factions (and people who learned the much sought after skill of the search function), but the rambunctious members he so blatantly opposes fight back in an effort to keep their way of life.

How will this play out?

Join us next week for the answer in the latest episode of "Repost That Reposted Post"! Goodnight, folks!

Just joking, don't go raging on me, please.

In a world torn by petty arguments and steel snobbery, knife nuts argue about their knife's fit and finish, and talk about how sucky the other guy's steel is.

One OP tries to make a difference in this world of warring factions (and people who learned the much sought after skill of the search function), but the rambunctious members he so blatantly opposes fight back in an effort to keep their way of life.

How will this play out?

Join us next week for the answer in the latest episode of "Repost That Reposted Post"! Goodnight, folks!

Just joking, don't go raging on me, please.

Lol nice very funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back