Current military, EMS, Firefighters and Law enforcement what are you or did you carr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict a lot of useful "data" gets sharred in this one...:rolleyes:

Seems like the military and Law enforcement are posting there knives. Just a handful of you can't seem to get over yourselves.

Said the guy that contributed nothing to a perfectly legitimate thread

And your profound experience and contribution amounted to...."I didn't really use one, and don't know shit about knives". You sure told him......LBTS.

Legitimate thread? The OP didn't even contribute in a valuable way to his own thread.

Also.....shouldn't this be in Prac-Tac?

current Canadian forces army, i carry a Nocturnal knives E.N.C, leather man blast and a zt0300 in the field, in garrison the 300 stays in my locker

And your profound experience and contribution amounted to...."I didn't really use one, and don't know shit about knives". You sure told him......LBTS.

Legitimate thread? The OP didn't even contribute in a valuable way to his own thread.

I contributed what little I had. As a weapons loader I and nobody else on the flightline was allowed to use personal tools. That's something many people may not realize so it's something. Better than "oh what a stupid thread why don't I just comment what a stupid thread this is herpy derp derp". If you don't like it don't read it and certainly don't take the time to post in it.

I currently work in law enforcement and carry either a spyderco GB or a benchmade grip, both of them are in m4... love that steel! none of them are serrated...

TinMan just because you don't like me does not mean you need to harass this post with your dribble. I did say I sent a friend in the army who deployed to Afghanistan an Emerson to be specific a p-sark. And to be clear I have never served and regret it but it is what it is. I hold the men and woman who do and have in the highest regard and you could show them a little respect and keep you negativity to yourself. You sir define LBTS

This goes for the rest of you chuckle heads whose delicate little feelings have been hurt you don't have to like me but you can show some respect for these people who are posting they work to keep you clowns safe. You want to take shots at me go right ahead but leave the people who are posting there knives alone they put up with dips like you all day.

Last edited:
Said the guy that contributed nothing to a perfectly legitimate thread

OP says he deals with these guys all the time, why not answer himself?

I could give you a long list of knives that LEOs that I used to work with carried and used...they ranged from freebies that come from 511 Tactical, to Spydercos or Benchmades in the 60-80 dollar range. A handful of desk guys carried higher end autos and such, but they were not using them in a "tactical" manner like this thread seems to seek...but almost none of the others were used in a tactical capacity either,,,unless you count mundane uses by civil servants that are virtually no different from what the rest of us do.

But, hey, I am just one of those guys that doesnt matter, due to the exclusions in the opening post;)

Knives are tools, the idea that guys are fighting with knives in law enforcement and military is almost fantasy. Yes, many service men and women carry punch daggers and such, but show me one that has pulled one for any reason other than to show their buddy, and Ill show you a guy that is taking you for a ride (the guy that actually pulls and uses a knife on duty is not going to be telling you about it on here, and it won't be the cool story that looks like a scene from some movie that you just watched).

You will likely get all sorts of answers here, but the question might as well have been: Hey, I work hard and get paid poorly, I cannot afford a super knife, so I need a no-nonsense user in the 50-80 dollar range. Because the answer is going to be about the same widely mixed bag of answers.

Oh, and you will probably get a few "operators" posting up photos of their pristine sharpened folding crowbars that cost more than what most cops take home bi-weekly, and would not DARE risk losing whle on duty.

I could give you a long list of knives that LEOs that I used to work with carried and used...they ranged from freebies that come from 511 Tactical, to Spydercos or Benchmades in the 60-80 dollar range. A handful of desk guys carried higher end autos and such, but they were not using them in a "tactical" manner like this thread seems to seek...but almost none of the others were used in a tactical capacity either unless you cont mundane uses by civil servants that are virtually no different from what the rest of us do.

But, hey, I am just one of those guys that doesnt matter, due to the exclusions in the opening post;)

Knives are tools, the idea that guys are fighting with knives in law enforcement and military is almost fantasy. Yes, many service men and women carry punch daggers and such, but show me one that has pulled one for any reason other than to show their buddy, and Ill show you a guy that is taking you for a ride (the guy that actually pulls and uses a knife on duty is not going to be telling you about it on here, and it won't be the cool story that looks like a scene from some movie that you just watched).

You will likely get all sorts of answers here, but the question might as well have been: Hey, I work hard and get paid poorly, I cannot afford a super knife, so I need a no-nonsense user in the 50-80 dollar range. Because the answer is going to be about the same widely mixed bag of answers.

Oh, and you will probably get a few "operators" posting up photos of their pristine sharpened folding crowbars that cost more than what most cops take home bi-weekly, and would not DARE risk losing whle on duty.
Good point. My buddy that was Army infantry that I mentioned earlier had the knives he did for the reasons you mention. The LMF isn't an ideal fighting knife but it has a lot of utility, the CRKT he used (and beat all to hell to the point where it's now riddled with lock rock and the blade all chipped out) he carried just so that he didn't care the damage that would inevitably be done to ANY knife he carried. The knives he carried weren't intended for use as a weapon though they could certainly be as a last resort, they were more tools that needed to be reliable but not so expensive that they aren't irreplaceable. He had nicer knives that he left at home during deployments and when he got home I gifted him my KW BM 810 M390 contego which he loves.

I could give you a long list of knives that LEOs that I used to work with carried and used...they ranged from freebies that come from 511 Tactical, to Spydercos or Benchmades in the 60-80 dollar range. A handful of desk guys carried higher end autos and such, but they were not using them in a "tactical" manner like this thread seems to seek...but almost none of the others were used in a tactical capacity either,,,unless you count mundane uses by civil servants that are virtually no different from what the rest of us do.

I did mention at the beginning of the post the guys I know carry benchmade spyderco and cold steel but I suppose your feeling were so hurt you could not read that through the tears.

I also did not assume we were talking killing people. I see tactical as a hard use knife one that can go in extreme environments and preform mundane and crazy tasks. I talked to a guy in the store once who used his knife to pry open a file cabinet and another to kill and process a goat.

I never said you did not matter either just wanted to hear from the Military and Law enforcement not average knife users sorry if that bothers you.

I'm going to make a simple request. For those that are not on friendly terms for whatever their reason, keep that crap out of this area. I'm only going to ask once. Do not derail threads with silliness unrelated to the topic at hand. Anymore insults are going to get escalated infractions issued. If you can't be civil, log out and take a break.

TinMan just because you don't like me does not mean you need to harass this post with your dribble. I did say I sent a friend in the army who deployed to Afghanistan an Emerson to be specific a p-sark. And to be clear I have never served and regret it but it is what it is. I hold the men and woman who do and have in the highest regard and you could show them a little respect and keep you negativity to yourself. You sir define LBTS

This goes for the rest of you chuckle heads whose delicate little feelings have been hurt you don't have to like me but you can show some respect for these people who are posting they work to keep you clowns safe. You want to take shots at me go right ahead but leave the people who are posting there knives alone they put up with dips like you all day.

The P-Sark is actually a sweet present....I carried a variant of one for about a year as a medic and firefighter, but lost it in a chaotic response situation. Which also happens to be why I went through so many different blades in my search for one that got that kind of use that could be relied on multiple times daily, but not horribly painful to replace multiple times per year.

Since carrying unapproved weapons into the secure area would get me fired, I don't use a knife at work. The local police and sheriff dept. guys generally don't carry knives since it would be one more thing to secure in the gear locker on the way into the building. While off duty, I generally carry a Leatherman Fuse (I think) or whatever cheap Kershaw is on my headboard in the morning. The LEOs I'm friends with either don't give a single crap about carrying knives or just buy whatever is cheapest.

Most police I work with that like knives carry spyderco or benchmade, but there are just as many that carry the $5.00 liqour store special. The more prepared carry a leatherman or similar tool. I carry a Strider SJ75 and a Leatherman. Leatherman gets used more than anything else, the Strider is mostly just in the pocket to be a knife. I worked with a guy that used to carry a giant tactical blade on his belt until he accidentally stabbed another officer in the leg cutting flex cuffs off. After a lengthy unpaid vacation, he now uses a seatbelt cutter to cut flexcuffs.

I did mention at the beginning of the post the guys I know carry benchmade spyderco and cold steel but I suppose your feeling were so hurt you could not read that through the tears.

I also did not assume we were talking killing people. I see tactical as a hard use knife one that can go in extreme environments and preform mundane and crazy tasks. I talked to a guy in the store once who used his knife to pry open a file cabinet and another to kill and process a goat.

I never said you did not matter either just wanted to hear from the Military and Law enforcement not average knife users sorry if that bothers you.

You are continuing the tone you started with. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but it is telling.

Last edited:
I tried to be practical and got an Endura to save on weight. However I burnt through two when the integrated FRN clips snapped off. So back to the Police. Lesson learned. Never looked at the Endura again even when they got steel clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back