Current process for ordering Survive knifes

Hey folks, I know this has been an issue for some time, but what is the current standing for getting a knife through this company? Apparently they still have a backlog, so are they still accepting orders or are they just catching up?

Check their web site and you'll see they are not currently accepting orders. They are working on finishing and shipping the preexisting orders.

Hey folks, I know this has been an issue for some time, but what is the current standing for getting a knife through this company? Apparently they still have a backlog, so are they still accepting orders or are they just catching up?

You called it, quite a backlog and the immediate fix (per say), is to just suspend orders (both standard and F2nds) until things are caught up. Probably get some more insight from others here on that subject.

Other above stated it, I'll throw in that I think they expect to re-open orders after the back-log of knives currently in production tapers off, i.e. after they have all the 4.1s out and are further along with 7/7s and 3.5s. They changed their grinding contractor and hope to move faster on production once the back-log is cleaned up. When 3.5's begin shipping, you may expect to see ordering open up on their website again (it may happen sooner, i have no special knowledge on that).
Until then, the best place to get a S!K is probably the BF exchange or the facebook fan page or on another forum, knives that other customers have received and are willing to part with.
Here's hoping they catch up on orders soon as we approach 2018!!

The current way of ordering a survive knife is this:

Go to the website. See pictures of all these really cool knives with great prices. Click a few times. Then, and this next part is the most important, stick your toe (or other sensitive body part) in the door frame and daily slam said door on said body part.

Do this for between 9 months and 2 years.

After which, you will wish you just paid a premium and picked one up on the BF exchange.

Hehe.

Golly sometimes it is difficult to resist temptation.
Thanks Chiral for saying it better than I can. :thumbsup:

Back