Custom boots

HWF

Gold Member
Anyone ever have a pair of custom boots made?

I just sent in a fit sheet for Frank’s boots out of Spokane. He used to own Nick’s boots and broke off and made his own company. From what I’ve read Nick’s is a break off of Whites.

Looking forward to having my first custom boot, I haven’t dipped my toes in these waters yet. My go to right now is a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers.

More than a few pairs, but technichally they were actually called Made To Order. I actually waited a year for one pair but the others took anywhere from 3 to 9 months.

By Ozuna Boot Co, full customs:

kqO48FM.jpg

gtWjsGO.jpg

Shark heel counters help prevent wearing out too fast from spur rub.

Zg5K8zx.jpg

b3fqo0d.jpg

He wasn't happy with how they fit my measurements so he built me another pair before he ever sent them to me. The 10 rows of stitching (a serious $ upgrade) and the sharkskin he did at no charge due to taking extra time.

ijyu88c.jpg

A true riding boot, in use:

lqu75xT.jpg

5FReVtP.jpg

Full customs or a step down, shop made boots are pretty common in our deal. I've had several of each. The wife has a pair of shop mades right now that she is very fond of:

1QQAjko.jpg

m7QKt0Z.jpg

Last edited:
More than a few pairs, but technichally they were actually called Made To Order. I actually waited a year for one pair but the others took anywhere from 3 to 9 months.

Nice! What brand did you go with?

By Ozuna Boot Co, full customs:

Shark heel counters help prevent wearing out too fast from spur rub.

He wasn't happy with how they fit my measurements so he built me another pair before he ever sent them to me. The 10 rows of stitching (a serious $ upgrade) and the sharkskin he did at no charge due to taking extra time.

A true riding boot, in use:

Full customs or a step down shop made boots are pretty common in our deal. I've had several of each. The wife has a pair of shop mades that she is very fond of:

Those are gorgeous. Looks like a ton of skill making those. Especially the stitching. That is an amazing craft. Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks! I do a lot of leather work and that stitching just makes me go crosseyed. Its really, really, good.

Reactions: HWF
Nice! What brand did you go with?
Those are gorgeous. Looks like a ton of skill making those. Especially the stitching. That is an amazing craft. Thanks for sharing them!

A number of different brands. St Crispins, Edward Green, and Gaziano and Girling.

Here's a few.

Thank you sir.

I have a few others that aren’t Made To Order but still pretty nice as well. A few different styles. These are from Viberg.

I like those a lot.

These are the ones I’m having made, but with a lower heel and arch.

Frank’s Boots Front Range:

a05063ce179418ef3a451c8787e5a578.png

I like those a lot.

These are the ones I’m having made, but with a lower heel and arch.

Frank’s Boots Front Range:

a05063ce179418ef3a451c8787e5a578.png

Nice!!

At one point I considered a similar pair but they would have been from Whites Boot Co.

Yeah I got a pair of Hawthorne's (by White's) packer boots. I need to send em in for refurbishing.

I have a pair of Nicks. Without a doubt they are the absolutely most comfortable pair of footwear I own. I wish I could find a pair of sneakers that fit and feel as good. It was hell getting them broke in but worth it. One tip of advice,do NOT soak them in water and then wear them. Just wear them and do the recommend break in. They will last much longer that way.

I have a pair of Nicks. Without a doubt they are the absolutely most comfortable pair of footwear I own. I wish I could find a pair of sneakers that fit and feel as good. It was hell getting them broke in but worth it. One tip of advice,do NOT soak them in water and then wear them. Just wear them and do the recommend break in. They will last much longer that way.

Absolutely. That’s the only way, wearing them!

I got my boots from Russell Moccasin. Very good quality and not overpriced.

Those look very nice as well. It wasn’t an easy choice.

I have a pair of Nick's that I've been wearing for several years that look just like the pic of the pair you have on order except my Nick's have the honey vibram sole. I'll try to get a pic up when I get a chance.

I got my boots from Russell Moccasin. Very good quality and not overpriced.

Add me to the Russell's Fanboy list.

Had my foot mangled up a bit years ago, so I have two different sized feet. Russell builds my shoes and boots, they are comfortable, yet don't LOOK to be different. Tremendous quality. I would suggest getting initially fitted by a shop who DOES custom made by like Russell, Whites, etc.

Back