• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Bowen Tanto, very large knife

Here we go...I have first a Tanto knife that was made by James Bowen of Bowen Blades, Baker, West Virginia. He is Tilton's oldest son and was in partnership with his father until early 1990s. His blades are marked "JB", while is father's are marked with a stylized "TB". I designed the Model 19 Tanto in 1985 in three sizes, 4", 6", and 9". After a few minor refinements (I made a wooden model of the 6" to show changes in handle contours), this model went into production in February 1986. The distinctive Black/Red Pakkawood was used on the Tanto models exclusively. The 4" model has a boot clip sheath and the 6" and 9" have a canted cross-draw belt sheath. We purchased the last Model 19s produced in 1998. This is some info I have received off of another site.....it's nice....the handles are pakkawood...with what looks like brass pins....it is a very thick knife...and it is massive ...I believe the knife was stored in it's sheath and there use to be some spots were rust started..but it's stopped...I hope my pic's do it well.......I heard the steel could be D2..but I am not sure..what I am sure of it is not stainless.....to me it has a grain...would be a great user...price is 100.00 shipped...sweet!

Attachments

• Bowen 1.jpg
    Bowen 1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Bowen 2.jpg
    Bowen 2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Bowen.jpg
    Bowen.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_4456.jpg
    100_4456.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 122
Here we go...I have first a Tanto knife that was made by James Bowen of Bowen Blades, Baker, West Virginia. He is Tilton's oldest son and was in partnership with his father until early 1990s. His blades are marked "JB", while is father's are marked with a stylized "TB". I designed the Model 19 Tanto in 1985 in three sizes, 4", 6", and 9". After a few minor refinements (I made a wooden model of the 6" to show changes in handle contours), this model went into production in February 1986. The distinctive Black/Red Pakkawood was used on the Tanto models exclusively. The 4" model has a boot clip sheath and the 6" and 9" have a canted cross-draw belt sheath. We purchased the last Model 19s produced in 1998. This is some info I have received off of another site.....it's nice....the handles are pakkawood...with what looks like brass pins....it is a very thick knife...and it is massive ...I believe the knife was stored in it's sheath and there use to be some spots were rust started..but it's stopped...I hope my pic's do it well.......I heard the steel could be D2..but I am not sure..what I am sure of it is not stainless.....to me it has a grain...would be a great user...price is 100.00 shipped...sweet!

yes all of my fathers and brothers knives were made from D2 steel

Back