custom buck 110 scales

Just ordered a buck 110 from custom shop and ordered it with walnut scales.....will they be solid walnut or will they be dymondwood…..seems like they would have to tell me if it was dymondwood. Thanks....Nick

I don't know for sure, but I think all but the extra cost woods are Dyamondwood with the top layer being the claimed wood.

Yes my custom 112 with heritage walnut is diamond wood but it almost looks like the outer laminate layer is walnut from the wood grain. I don’t know for sure but if not, they did a good job of selecting birch that has nice grain.

Yup it’s very confusing and not fair. They need to be more clear especially with a custom deal. I ended up ordering a brass buck 110 with s30v and ironwood scales with brass pins. Not sure how I feel about the stainless lockbar pivot pin not being present...I like how it looks.

The ironwood will make for a nice knife.
I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
Welcome to the Buck forum. There's some good folks here:)

Yup it’s very confusing and not fair. They need to be more clear especially with a custom deal. I ended up ordering a brass buck 110 with s30v and ironwood scales with brass pins. Not sure how I feel about the stainless lockbar pivot pin not being present...I like how it looks.
Good choice with the Ironwood and brass I think it is a good looking combination. I prefer the rocker pin not be there so you can get a clean piece of wood for a handle.

I think it’d be cool if I could get a barehead custom from the factory. I don’t have the skills or knowledge to do one myself, but I see all you guys with all these fancy custom scales you do all the time..... :D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it’d be cool if I could get a barehead custom from the factory. I don’t have the skills or knowledge to do one myself, but I see all you guys with all these fancy custom scales you do all the time..... :D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would like a barehead option, as well. I made my own with a 112 and a 500 and they turned out pretty good. Well, they look better when I don't wear my glasses.

Reactions: BP_
Back