Custom CPK Leather Sheath

91bravo

Gold Member
Makael Makael was gracious enough to make me a leather sheath for my Behemoth Chopper. I figured I would share some of his work here with you, so you can have an option if you're also thinking of leather for your CPK! The BC is too big for me to carry on my belt, so I had him leave off a belt loop. I usually carry inside of my pack, but he added some grommets so I could lash it to the outside of my pack if need be.

Thank you again Makael!

Great Project to do. Great feeling chopper!:thumbsup:

Austin Double shoulder leather in Chestnut. Lined with Veg tanned liner so the hardware doesnt make contact with the blade.

Last edited:
Another great piece Makael Makael ... It looks amazing and should be a great sheath for that BC for years to come!

I know I am very happy with the sheath you just made for me ... may need one similiar to this for my MC when the time comes.

Great pictures Makael ... and hope you enjoy that sheath Jonny !!!

Nice job Mike, here's another one of Makael Makael 's great work on the ebonite medium chopper.
EDWylVG.jpg
He kind of overbuilds them;)

Makael Makael was gracious enough to make me a leather sheath for my Behemoth Chopper. I figured I would share some of his work here with you, so you can have an option if you're also thinking of leather for your CPK! The BC is too big for me to carry on my belt, so I had him leave off a belt loop. I usually carry inside of my pack, but he added some grommets so I could lash it to the outside of my pack if need be.

Thank you again Makael!

Enjoy, Johnny. Mike’s work, as you well know, top notch. Beautiful stuff.

He does overbuild his sheaths, but I'm not complaining at all. Just means it will take a beating when trudging through brush and briars in the woods!
You bring up something I haven't paid any attn to. I dig hard use knives, I search them out. The hard use aspect isn't a necessity but it helps justify the price. The last thing I would want is a failure. I also appreciate fit and finish and great materials.
Without thinking about it, I try to build sheaths along the same lines. I have tossed many sheaths away due to mistakes.
So if I'm fortunate enough to make a product someone can appreciate I couldn't be more satisfied. I'm happy to build a sheath that meets someone's needs, send it and all I've asked for payment is pay what you believe it's worth after you have a chance to have it in your hands. There are quite a few craftsman on the forums who do a great job.

Here is one I finished last night for a Buck 103. Hd outer layer with a soft finished inner layer laminated together and then stitched around the perimeter.
20190107_223439_zpsklglewbg.jpg 20190107_223446_zpsbeb1btp7.jpg 20190107_223427_zpslneglmrv.jpg 20190107_223530_zpsg76xyq4r.jpg 20190107_223506_zpsgolh3nqn.jpg

You bring up something I haven't paid any attn to. I dig hard use knives, I search them out. The hard use aspect isn't a necessity but it helps justify the price. The last thing I would want is a failure. I also appreciate fit and finish and great materials.
Without thinking about it, I try to build sheaths along the same lines. I have tossed many sheaths away due to mistakes.
So if I'm fortunate enough to make a product someone can appreciate I couldn't be more satisfied. I'm happy to build a sheath that meets someone's needs, send it and all I've asked for payment is pay what you believe it's worth after you have a chance to have it in your hands. There are quite a few craftsman on the forums who do a great job.

Here is one I finished last night for a Buck 103. Hd outer layer with a soft finished inner layer laminated together and then stitched around the perimeter.
View attachment 1050340 View attachment 1050341 View attachment 1050342 View attachment 1050343 View attachment 1050344
would like one like this for my new FK2.

Back