• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Fillet Knife Wanted

Hale Storm

Kydex Whisperer
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'm looking for someone to make me a custom Fillet knife.

Here is my criteria:

1. Looking for a finished blade BLANK - Predrilled 1/4" holes (2 or 3 PLUS a lanyard hole) and I will add my own scales. Handle shape can mimick most fillet knives but I'll leave that up to the maker to discuss with me based on their designs.
2. Must be premium super steel - My favorite steel is M390/CPM20CV or Elmax but that may not be suitable for a fillet knife. I know that some have been done in CPM-S35VN.
3. Medium flex. Not a 2 x 4 and not a buggy whip. You get the idea.
4. Satin finish to keep it simple (400 - 600 grit?). I want a nice one but it will be a working tool and not a safe queen.
5. 7" -7.5" blade length, 4.5" to 5" handle length.
6. Budget will be +/- $150.00 and I'm open to discuss. I reached this price based on the Bark River Kalahari Sportsman (full size) being available for around the $150 mark in S35VN. I just want a finished blank with no scales and no sheath. If I'm way off on price, please let me know.
7. My number 1 and 2 priorities are #1 - Edge retention, and #2 corrosion resistant. I fish fresh water for bass, crappie, and catfish 98% of the time.

So, if anyone can recommend makers that are willing to do this, and of course makers, please chime in, I'm ready to get started.

Feel free to email me , I have a couple heat treated half tang filets in S35VN that could be finished up fairly soon. Otherwise, I could make something from scratch. i have more S35 and some xhp on hand.

Feel free to email me , I have a couple heat treated half tang filets in S35VN that could be finished up fairly soon. Otherwise, I could make something from scratch. i have more S35 and some xhp on hand.

Could you do a full tang from scratch?

I have some 8 inch AEBL Fillet knives started. Full tang PM for cell and I can send pictures

Back