1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Custom GSO Handles - WIP thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by TRfromMT, May 6, 2017.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Yes! Yes! That is my favorite style sheath from Sagewood. 3v never looked so good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ajvail18 and TRfromMT like this.
  2. SavEdgeSurvive

SavEdgeSurvive

Jun 27, 2018
    I dont like wood handles on blades. Just my preference because of where i live and how I use them, but man.... I have been really impressed with some of the aftermarket work people have been doing and what I've been seeing as far as wood choices and workmanship. These handles are looking amazing. The blade in the first pic is the one you did the handles for? Was that just the lighting and angle that made it look that color or is that a coating?

3. SavEdgeSurvive

SavEdgeSurvive

Jun 27, 2018
    Old spec or new spec??

4. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    In the very first post? Purely the lighting. That was the new peened finish on the 2.7

5. SavEdgeSurvive

SavEdgeSurvive

Jun 27, 2018
    Yeah the very first. I was just wondering because I've seen some gso's with aftermarket DLC coating that looks awesome.

6. ATJ999

ATJ999 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I found some scales, thank you though!