Custom handle question..

We all know Busse's solid warranty.. and that infi, G10, Micarta are tough enough to rarely need it.
But what about these custom shop stone..or wood handles? How are these handled? (no pun intended)
Are these handles reasonably tough in regards to the shock of chopping and what not?

I'd say yeah, considering that Jerry hasn't turned down a warranty yet.

Now replacing the exact handle, that may not be possible if it's a one of a kind.

Chop with the Sharp End......:D

Mammoth Tooth is probably the material to be concerned with when it comes to stability. I'm reasonably sure it can withstand most Cutting chores NOT to be confused with Hard Chopping/Batoning. Custom Shop Models with this material I View as Collectibles Not Users...YMMV

We all know Busse's solid warranty.. and that infi, G10, Micarta are tough enough to rarely need it.
But what about these custom shop stone..or wood handles? How are these handled? (no pun intended)
Are these handles reasonably tough in regards to the shock of chopping and what not?
I asked this question in the grab bag reveal thread. For instance, you are in an emergency situation and the only blade you have on you is your CS HOG Badger. You end up breaking the handles prying the hinges off a wrecked car while helping the occupants escape. I'm fairly certain Jerry and the team will rehandle it in something comparable.

Even if Cliff Stamp was to go HAM on one and smash the handle to bits while he was batoning through an I beam it with a sledge hammer, I'm pretty sure the shop would replace it, although the wood would probably have a message in the grain to the effect of "Don't do anything stupid" or maybe they'd just find the ugliest "fancy" material out there so he was embarrassed to use it. :D:D:D Now, that would be funny!

Back