• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Custom hunting knife makers - websites.

Hi all,

I've been seriously considering a custom built knife as my next hunting knife. As such I've been looking online to find custom builders websites, of which I have found several but was wondering if anyone knew of any specific builders that they recommenced? From anywhere in the world I don't mind. That being said I do like Scandinavian built and designed knives.

I would much prefer to look at a builders website to study pictures of their built knives, the materials they utilise and all other relevant information.

As I mentioned I'm interested in a hunting knife, specifically a drop point knife that would predominately be used for skinning, quartering and butchering of game animals as well some camp and bush jobs if a task was to arise.

If anyone could list a number of recommend custom knife builder websites that build hunting knives I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Regards.

a price range might help us suggest a maker. also keep an eye on the "for sale" sections on this site.

a shameless plug!....... try my new site, still need a REAL URL tho! samuraistuart.wixsite.com/knives (copy and paste)

Tell us what you looking for and we can lead you to someone that works in that style

Here's a thread with a whole bunch of hunters from a lot of different makers. It's not a list of websites but it's a good place to start your search.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1353554-Best-hunter-2015-FINALISTS-CHOSEN!

Thank you J. Doyle. I'll have a look through the thread.

a price range might help us suggest a maker. also keep an eye on the "for sale" sections on this site.

Martin knives out of Texas makes great knives. But, it also depends on a lot of stuff. What are you looking for specifically? whats your price range? What style are you looking for? etc. etc.

Tell us what you looking for and we can lead you to someone that works in that style

See my first post. I'm interested in a hunting knife, that is a drop point design, that would predominately be used for skinning, quartering and butchering of game animals as well some camp and bush jobs if a task was to arise. My price range is between $350 to $400 USD. I would appreciate a sheath included in that price range.

I would like to recommend my mate and fallow Aussie knife maker Robert Herbert of R&N Blades . While he doesn't have a website as such you will find him on Facebook. He got some recent press in Blade Magazine for his Facebook pretense. Makes a wonderful hunting knife with great steel and usually has premium Sambar stag handles. He would be in that price range with a sheath. A top bloke and a hunter, making a great knife for genuine field use .

I love working with customers to create new and unique blades. I utilize traditional patternwelding and differential hardening techniques with new technologies like 3D printed metals to create one-of-a-kind user knives.
TheoRockNazz.com

Agree with others, can't go wrong with Karl Anderson or J Doyle. A complete list would be long but another great maker of custom hunters is ABS Mastersmith Mike Williams: http://www.williamscustomknives.com/index.html . His might be bit more than your stated price range but his hunters have won many awards. I have a few and the one I bought for my son was around $450. He is also one hell of a nice guy and will work with you to make want you want. I've field tested his knives on deer, hogs, fish and even dove (overkill I know).

Thank you all for your input. Again, keep the recommendations and links coming.

Has anyone ordered and used a knife custom or commerical knife from Lucas Forge before? If so, what is your opinion, have you found any pros and cons with a Lucas Forge knife/knives?

http://customhuntingknives.org/

I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
Back