Custom Knife Turnaround Time

I placed an order with the custom shop over on BMs site and they do state that it can take up to 20 days to get a custom order turned around. However its now been over a month and the order still comes up as "processing." Wondering if anyone else has ordered a custom recently and if they had a similar wait time.

Their site isn't great at updating order status. When I log in to my account, I have orders from 2016 that are still listed as "Processing" If you haven't received any emails about shipping, I would give them a call and ask for an update on your order.

Gave their customer service a call and it looks like there is some bottle necking for the bolsters of the crooked river. I placed my order back on March 23rd so as of now we are looking at nearly double the lead time of their stated 20 days. Hopefully this gets hammered out soon otherwise any custom orders for the crooked river at least look like they are not going out at all.

I just ordered a mini crooked river...placed order on a Monday night, got a shipping notice that Wednesday less then 48 hour later! So if the parts are in stock their turnaround time is awesome! I can see how if they're out of 1 part it could hold the order up until they make a batch of that component.

I just ordered a mini crooked river...placed order on a Monday night, got a shipping notice that Wednesday less then 48 hour later! So if the parts are in stock their turnaround time is awesome! I can see how if they're out of 1 part it could hold the order up until they make a batch of that component.

Well that is frustrating. Im sure the two run off of different sized bolsters. When I called they couldnt even give a rough estimate for when they would be restocked so I am not sure what the hold up is there for the fullsize.

That's rough, I recently had a knife sit at the factory for over a month waiting for a warranty replacement part to be produced. It can be frustrating, but manufacturers everywhere are dealing with backlogs.

That's rough, I recently had a knife sit at the factory for over a month waiting for a warranty replacement part to be produced. It can be frustrating, but manufacturers everywhere are dealing with backlogs.

Yeah I am trying not to be too judgmental. The economic and geopolitical issues of the current day are such that some backlogs are to be expected. Just crossing my fingers that it will be out of the processing stage and on the way to my pocket sooner rather than later.